Would a YUL Based Pilot Fly YYZ Routes?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JackRoy02
Rank 0
Rank 0

Would a YUL Based Pilot Fly YYZ Routes?

Post by JackRoy02 »

Hello all,
I am here to ask about routes you would fly as a pilot based in YUL.
For example, would a Q400 first officer based in YUL ever fly a line from YYZ? As example, a flight from YUL - YQB, then YQB to YYZ and then something like YYZ to YFC and overnight in Fredericton? Is this possible, or do YUL based pilots only fly routes that are to & from YUL, such as YUL - YTZ or YUL - YQM?

Thanks in advance for the responses,
Jack
---------- ADS -----------

goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Would a YUL Based Pilot Fly YYZ Routes?

Post by goleafsgo »

Yes it happens a lot. Not sure if it's only specific bases/types but I'm pretty sure all bases have a mix of flying. I've had a few months that I didn't operate once into or out of my base

Magnetron
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Magnetron »

Yes it happens. There are a bunch of yyc pairings that go out east. And some yyz pairings that go west. I just finished a 4 day that overnighted in YQT first night then day 2 and 3 do a bunch of yyz turns. Then day 4 come back to yyz and dh home.

Somewhat inefficient but they make the pairings. :smt102

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

If you’re on the RJ, no. You’ll never get into YYZ. The people who are helping drag this profession into the dumpster get that honour. (Georgian/Sky).

JackRoy02
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JackRoy02 »

Magnetron wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:29 am Yes it happens. There are a bunch of yyc pairings that go out east. And some yyz pairings that go west. I just finished a 4 day that overnighted in YQT first night then day 2 and 3 do a bunch of yyz turns. Then day 4 come back to yyz and dh home.

And on a pairing like this would you stay with your YYC crew? Like same FO/Captain and same Flight Attendents? Or would you mix with YYZ based crews?

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

JackRoy02 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:42 pm
Magnetron wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:29 am Yes it happens. There are a bunch of yyc pairings that go out east. And some yyz pairings that go west. I just finished a 4 day that overnighted in YQT first night then day 2 and 3 do a bunch of yyz turns. Then day 4 come back to yyz and dh home.

And on a pairing like this would you stay with your YYC crew? Like same FO/Captain and same Flight Attendents? Or would you mix with YYZ based crews?
Generally you will stay with the same captain/fo. We tend to switch back ends quite a bit, at least in YYZ. We typically end up with different FAs every 2-3 legs it seems.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
Magnetron
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Magnetron »

skypirate88 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:54 pm
Generally you will stay with the same captain/fo. We tend to switch back ends quite a bit, at least in YYZ. We typically end up with different FAs every 2-3 legs it seems.
Yeah usually same captain/fo, on the dash 8 you usually stay with the same FA as well unless people get reassigned. On Q400 and RJ they do more FA swaps every few legs it seems.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”