Time to have a real conversation about pay and our contract

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Time to have a real conversation about pay and our contract

Post by goingnowherefast »

Malfunction wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:37 pm Some medivac fo's are making 10-15 more a year to fly a kingair
Perhaps it's time for pilots to leave Jazz and other regionals for medivac and Ornge. You can clear 100 grand as a medivac captain. Schedule can't be much worse than stand-ups.
---------- ADS -----------

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

goingnowherefast wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:10 am Schedule can't be much worse than stand-ups.
Hahaha

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Laugh all you want but YVR-SJC stand ups are money. High credit, good time in the hotel and you can't do them back to back. Do 10 of those a month, one every three days and you're done your block.

YUL-YTZ is almost as good.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Those "good" high credit stand ups won't be legal if they ever implement the new fatigue rules. The problem is the low credit, short sleep ones that the junior pilots get stuck with. You have to do at least 15-16 of those to get the blocking average.

Let’s Go Brandon
Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

If Jazz is like any other airline with seniority no one will care what the junior members have to do to get their block hours. Safety be damned!

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

Ya know, if you don't know what you're talking about, please feel free to limit your activity on this forum as "read only".

I am the 2nd most junior FO that can hold a block on the classic and my schedule is pretty damn decent. No fatigue issues and I LIKE my schedule.

If one wants to bitch, there is always something one can find to bitch about. There!

58 out

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”