Jazz Pilot Pool

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Piloteyes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by Piloteyes »

I recently received an email from Jazz stating that I had successfully completed all the steps in the hiring process and I am being placed in a hiring pool.

Does anyone know a timeline as to when they start putting people in Ground schools or how long it typically takes for them to give you a date?
How many people would typically be in a pool like this and what is their selection process like, as i haven't heard of this in a long time.

I know the hiring has slowed down a lot at jazz, are they still interviewing people and adding them to the pool?

Any information is appreciated!!!
---------- ADS -----------

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

We probably won’t start hiring again until mainline starts their hiring again in the fall. It’s all a trickle down effect. We’re pretty overstaffed on the pilot side of things right now so expect to wait a few months at least.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:09 am We probably won’t start hiring again until mainline starts their hiring again in the fall. It’s all a trickle down effect. We’re pretty overstaffed on the pilot side of things right now so expect to wait a few months at least.
We continue to hire 12-16 a month, with courses planned each month into December. Things certainly aren't moving at the pace they have been, but it hasn't stopped.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

Piloteyes wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:26 pm I recently received an email from Jazz stating that I had successfully completed all the steps in the hiring process and I am being placed in a hiring pool.

Does anyone know a timeline as to when they start putting people in Ground schools or how long it typically takes for them to give you a date?
How many people would typically be in a pool like this and what is their selection process like, as i haven't heard of this in a long time.

I know the hiring has slowed down a lot at jazz, are they still interviewing people and adding them to the pool?

Just curious what your TT is if you don't mind sharing

Piloteyes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Piloteyes »

yycinformer wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:10 pm
Piloteyes wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:26 pm I recently received an email from Jazz stating that I had successfully completed all the steps in the hiring process and I am being placed in a hiring pool.

Just curious what your TT is if you don't mind sharing
1300TT and they also just told me there will be no ground schools until September

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

From my understanding (which could always be incorrect) there will not be a July GS and possibly no Aug GS for Jazz coming up. Hiring will start again in the fall.

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

Quite interesting developments I'd say

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

I heard Jazz offered LOAs to the whole pilot group to fly at Voyageur. So I'd imagine they're a bit overstocked or expecting a reduction in flying.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

We are over stocked as compared to last year. Last summer was rough for the company with so many cancellations so this year they are "well over stocked". We'll see what happens with the LOA's........possibly see LBW and RTB's instead? Next couple months over summer will be interesting

what_limit?
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by what_limit? »

I also got the pool email. Mixed feelings.... pumped that I passed the process.... bummed about the pool with no GS scheduled until possibly September. What's all this about Voyageur?

Piloteyes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Piloteyes »

what_limit? wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:04 pm I also got the pool email. Mixed feelings.... pumped that I passed the process.... bummed about the pool with no GS scheduled until possibly September. What's all this about Voyageur?
I know, I feel you. That's also a hard maybe too. They told me earliest GS is September and 1 per month through until December. We could be waiting 6 months, I wonder how they select out out of the pool?

When did you receive the email ?

what_limit?
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by what_limit? »

Piloteyes wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:11 pm
what_limit? wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:04 pm I also got the pool email. Mixed feelings.... pumped that I passed the process.... bummed about the pool with no GS scheduled until possibly September. What's all this about Voyageur?
I know, I feel you. That's also a hard maybe too. They told me earliest GS is September and 1 per month through until December. We could be waiting 6 months, I wonder how they select out out of the pool?

Yeah that's what they told me too. SO. LAME. I got my email June 4th. How about you? Also I guy a worked with is doing his sim soon... are they just gonna keep beefing up the pool? I think they pull from pool based on flight ops requirements, our individual "pool seniority" and other factors.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

LOAs are being offered for captains and first officers to go fly with Voyageur while we’re overstaffed for the next 6 months or so.

As far as hiring from the pool, generally they’ll call existing ALPA members first, and when those are dried up start calling everyone else.

As for it being “SO LAME” how about show some gratitude and be humble about the fact that they even placed you in the pool in the first place?

With a sense of entitlement that strong they’ll easily find a way to wash you out of training, best to check it at the door.

Piloteyes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Piloteyes »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:48 am LOAs are being offered for captains and first officers to go fly with Voyageur while we’re overstaffed for the next 6 months or so.

As far as hiring from the pool, generally they’ll call existing ALPA members first, and when those are dried up start calling everyone else.

As for it being “SO LAME” how about show some gratitude and be humble about the fact that they even placed you in the pool in the first place?

With a sense of entitlement that strong they’ll easily find a way to wash you out of training, best to check it at the door.
This is true, I have a few friends who got PFOd or "apply again in 6 months" who all have well over what previous navajo 700TT guys had. I think thats the frustrating part, but again its all about timing and at least you got into the POOL.

Piloteyes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Piloteyes »

what_limit? wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:00 pm
Piloteyes wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:11 pm

Yeah that's what they told me too. SO. LAME. I got my email June 4th. How about you? Also I guy a worked with is doing his sim soon... are they just gonna keep beefing up the pool? I think they pull from pool based on flight ops requirements, our individual "pool seniority" and other factors.
And yes same with me, June 4th

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

So does anyone have any idea when they'll start calling people again?

Captain X
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Captain X »

As far as I know no ground schools till September, so I would not expect anything till August

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

I've heard rumblings that they may or may not hold a july GS.....they are waffling. But 100% there will be September. (or as good as my guess is)

swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by swervin »

Just confirmed no ground schools for July and August. Subject to change of course.

SouthSideYVR
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SouthSideYVR »

Anyone know whats going on with hiring at Jazz? Any idea if it will pick up again in the Fall?

What's the deal with the flow to AC, is it still happening? Heard last AC ground school was mostly people from Encore and other companies and nobody from Jazz.
Everyone is saying go to Encore.....

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”