Jazz Pilot Pool

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
Message
Author
Cristian92
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#76 Post by Cristian92 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:58 pm

skyrp0 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:22 pm
Heard that October is full and November and December GS are still uncertain :prayer:
Source ??
---------- ADS -----------
  

yhz41
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:34 pm
Location: Windy Hell

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#77 Post by yhz41 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Do you absolutely have to have your atpl exams written to get an offer?
---------- ADS -----------
  

flyingcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:55 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#78 Post by flyingcanuck » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:07 pm

yhz41 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:53 pm
Do you absolutely have to have your atpl exams written to get an offer?
Not at all
---------- ADS -----------
  

skyrp0
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:12 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#79 Post by skyrp0 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Cristian92 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:58 pm
skyrp0 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:22 pm
Heard that October is full and November and December GS are still uncertain :prayer:
Source ??
HR Lady
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
Rowdy
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4957
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 pm
Location: On Borrowed Wings

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#80 Post by Rowdy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:12 am

skyrp0 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:50 pm
Cristian92 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:58 pm
skyrp0 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:22 pm
Heard that October is full and November and December GS are still uncertain :prayer:
Source ??
HR Lady
And I double checked it with our crew planner...
---------- ADS -----------
  

Slick5606
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#81 Post by Slick5606 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:19 pm

Deleted. Question answered.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Last edited by Slick5606 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

yhz41
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:34 pm
Location: Windy Hell

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#82 Post by yhz41 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:59 am

November groundschool full yet?
---------- ADS -----------
  

Yieldermatik
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#83 Post by Yieldermatik » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:53 pm

FYI, I’m interviewing this month for a yet-to-be-determined-2019 gs...i’m excited about doing a sim eval if they call me for it.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Malfunction
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:00 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#84 Post by Malfunction » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:49 am

What are the upgrade times now? 4 years?
---------- ADS -----------
  

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:03 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#85 Post by Lightchop » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:45 am

Malfunction wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:49 am
What are the upgrade times now? 4 years?
Things have slowed a bit, there are plenty of captains who have only been with the company 1-1.5 years. There just haven't been many new upgrades. A memo came out the other day from the union mentioning AC has clarified that they will be resuming hiring from Jazz this fall so I expect to see the upgrades start again. Although I imagine they will be back to the 1.5-2 year mark. Faster on the classic, slower on the Q. RJ is 2+ right now and likely won't change.
---------- ADS -----------
  

yvonne2823
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:55 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#86 Post by yvonne2823 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:58 am

Anyone get calls for November/December GS?
---------- ADS -----------
  

timeflies
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:41 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#87 Post by timeflies » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:12 pm

yvonne2823 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:58 am
Anyone get calls for November/December GS?
are you on the pilot pool at jazz?
---------- ADS -----------
  

Slick5606
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#88 Post by Slick5606 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Deleted. Question answered.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Last edited by Slick5606 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

VeeDriver94
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:32 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#89 Post by VeeDriver94 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:39 am

Just did the online interview. It takes usually how many weeks for an invitation on the Sim?
I hope everything went well (it seems to have been well). I wish good luck to everyone :)

Thanks for any updates folks :)! This thread is so useful to keep track on the process.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Outlaw58
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#90 Post by Outlaw58 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 am

VeeDriver94 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:39 am
Just did the online interview. It takes usually how many weeks for an invitation on the Sim?
I hope everything went well (it seems to have been well). I wish good luck to everyone :)

Thanks for any updates folks :)! This thread is so useful to keep track on the process.
It's usually pretty quick (has been for me and a buddy of mine). They say 2 weeks but it was much less than that.

58
---------- ADS -----------
  

VeeDriver94
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:32 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#91 Post by VeeDriver94 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:50 am

Outlaw58 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 am
VeeDriver94 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:39 am
Just did the online interview. It takes usually how many weeks for an invitation on the Sim?
I hope everything went well (it seems to have been well). I wish good luck to everyone :)

Thanks for any updates folks :)! This thread is so useful to keep track on the process.
It's usually pretty quick (has been for me and a buddy of mine). They say 2 weeks but it was much less than that.

58
Yes they say 2 weeks, I will see then :) Thanks for the info :)! Do they give a notice even if you're not invited for the Sim?
---------- ADS -----------
  

Outlaw58
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#92 Post by Outlaw58 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:57 pm

VeeDriver94 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:50 am
Outlaw58 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 am
VeeDriver94 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:39 am
Just did the online interview. It takes usually how many weeks for an invitation on the Sim?
I hope everything went well (it seems to have been well). I wish good luck to everyone :)

Thanks for any updates folks :)! This thread is so useful to keep track on the process.
It's usually pretty quick (has been for me and a buddy of mine). They say 2 weeks but it was much less than that.

58
Yes they say 2 weeks, I will see then :) Thanks for the info :)! Do they give a notice even if you're not invited for the Sim?
That I wouldn't know. From my experience with the HR ladies, my guess would be yes they would but that's a personal opinion.

58
---------- ADS -----------
  

VeeDriver94
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:32 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#93 Post by VeeDriver94 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Outlaw58 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:57 pm
VeeDriver94 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:50 am
Outlaw58 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 am


It's usually pretty quick (has been for me and a buddy of mine). They say 2 weeks but it was much less than that.

58
Yes they say 2 weeks, I will see then :) Thanks for the info :)! Do they give a notice even if you're not invited for the Sim?
That I wouldn't know. From my experience with the HR ladies, my guess would be yes they would but that's a personal opinion.

58
Thanks for the infos 58 ;) I'll drop a notice once I will have an answer, I am eager to see that!
---------- ADS -----------
  

Outlaw58
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#94 Post by Outlaw58 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Please do! Good luck :)

58
---------- ADS -----------
  

Flyer10
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#95 Post by Flyer10 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 am

Got the email I was in the Pool in July. Just got a call for November GS.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
KenoraPilot
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:34 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#96 Post by KenoraPilot » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Flyer10 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 am
Got the email I was in the Pool in July. Just got a call for November GS.
congrats, welcome to Jazz
---------- ADS -----------
  

what_limit?
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:17 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#97 Post by what_limit? » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:32 am

Pool email in June. Still waiting. Still dying.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Yieldermatik
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#98 Post by Yieldermatik » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:41 pm

what_limit? wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:32 am
Pool email in June. Still waiting. Still dying.
If they're interviewing new candidates for new year's gs i would assume all pilots in the pool will be placed for nov/dec gs yes? hang in there man.
---------- ADS -----------
  

what_limit?
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:17 am

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#99 Post by what_limit? » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:34 am

Yieldermatik wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:41 pm
what_limit? wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:32 am
Pool email in June. Still waiting. Still dying.
If they're interviewing new candidates for new year's gs i would assume all pilots in the pool will be placed for nov/dec gs yes? hang in there man.
I assume/hope for the same thing and thanks haha. It's just disheartening when fresh college grads with 250 hrs and are just hitting puberty get a class before everyone else.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

#100 Post by Roadrunnersmother » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:10 pm

what_limit? wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:34 am
Yieldermatik wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:41 pm
what_limit? wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:32 am
Pool email in June. Still waiting. Still dying.
If they're interviewing new candidates for new year's gs i would assume all pilots in the pool will be placed for nov/dec gs yes? hang in there man.
I assume/hope for the same thing and thanks haha. It's just disheartening when fresh college grads with 250 hrs and are just hitting puberty get a class before everyone else.
Depressing for me with 5000+ hrs.

No crew shortage anywhere in Canada
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”