Jazz Recalls?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Jazz Recalls?

Post by mbav8r »

iflyroads wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:56 am The company will do what it needs to for survival, you cannot justify the current capacity on some of those routes using mainline (and in the near future rouge) equipment.

On the other hand, ACPA will do what it needs to for optics. They need to ensure that a precedent is set that ANY contract violation that comes about will be addressed and if a resolution cannot be found, will be grieved. If they don't do this, where does it end?

Fighting over this now makes no sense, when this grievance wont be resolved for at-least another year if not longer. Who knows what the industry will even look like by then.

This grievance is between ACPA vs. AC.
NOT ACPA pilots vs Express Pilots.

Act accordingly
It’s all nicey nice to say but when you have comments like this;
Planebored wrote:
Once ACPA wins the scope grievance Jazz will prob end up having to lay off again.

No 76+ seat jets should be operating at Jazz right now.
21cdnflyer wrote:
I mean when company can literally end your operation, I would have to agree with Genius here. This is AC flying, Jazz is lucky to have the contract. Without Air Canada, Jazz would be tarnished to the levels of bush flying. Air Canada pilots deserve and have the right to fly anything and everything with their brand on it. At the end of the day you guys are regionals, and if WestJet swept up your loyalties would change overnight. Not the case for the real employees
And
When ACPA pilots are jobless and regional guys are getting paycheck, there’s a major issue. So yes, the Air Canada pilot’s stake is what matters here; and is more important.
---------- ADS -----------

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

mbav8r wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:35 am That’s funny that you think I’d give up my DB pension for your DC pension
It’s neither here nor there or relevant to this thread but if I recall correctly at least your last PFO if not the last couple came well after the pension switch.
mbav8r wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:14 am
You guys make it real hard to have any kind of sympathy for your situation, I actually read it myself but can’t seem to find it again, to be honest I may have read it in the small jet agreement that obviously predates SR or misread something else.
Tl;Dr -“I made it up”

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Sharklasers wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:17 am
mbav8r wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:35 am That’s funny that you think I’d give up my DB pension for your DC pension
It’s neither here nor there but if I recall correctly at least your last PFO if not the couple came well after the pension switch.

Wrong guy

mbav8r wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:14 am
You guys make it real hard to have any kind of sympathy for your situation, I actually read it myself but can’t seem to find it again, to be honest I may have read it in the small jet agreement that obviously predates SR or misread something else.
Tl;Dr -“I made it up”

Sure, whatever

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Malfunction »

Bunch of greedy whiney aircanada pilots in this forum. Who most likely were jazz pilots not long ago.

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Yup... and we left to own the flying. So you can't blame us to try and enforce that

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

Malfunction wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 am Bunch of greedy whiney aircanada pilots in this forum. Who most likely were jazz pilots not long ago.
And there's a reason many of us left. It's called job security.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

planebored wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:43 am
Malfunction wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 am Bunch of greedy whiney aircanada pilots in this forum. Who most likely were jazz pilots not long ago.
Job security.... Hello this is aviation. I think everyone got a little too comfy with the good times we had over the last 5 years.

Let’s Go Brandon
planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:15 pm
planebored wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:43 am
Job security.... Hello this is aviation. I think everyone got a little too comfy with the good times we had over the last 5 years.
I'd still rather work for the company that owns the flying vs one that is a contractor. With almost 30 years left in this job there's a lot that can happen I completely understand that. I just place my bets on AC not Jazz.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Malfunction wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 am Bunch of greedy whiney aircanada pilots in this forum.
Says the right seat meat... did you get your ATPL yet?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I understand where you are coming from, but Air Canada owns the flying, not the pilots. We are all just workers at the end of the day. Putting much larger planes on routes where the loads don’t justify it will just push
the airline into bankruptcy that much sooner. The flying will eventually come back but let’s be reasonable.

Let’s Go Brandon
Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

FL-280 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:30 am Yup... and we left to own the flying. So you can't blame us to try and enforce that
You don’t own anything, you’re a VERY small piece of the puzzle for Air Canada. You’re an employee, nothing more, maybe a share holder but anyone in the World is capable of also becoming one. Maybe that’s the whole problem with the pissing contest going on in this forum, too much entitlement.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

There's a lot of routes right now that are running multiple RJs a day that could go to one 319 orA220. I'm not advocating for running empty planes all over the place. There are solutions to these scope issues but AC is just taking the easy route.

Even if we don't get anywhere with the grievance it sends a message that we're not going to sit by and let things just happen. Before we know it we'll have 3 separate airlines all fighting for the same flying.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

Since when is contract enforcement entitlement!

Geez, this place is such a clear example of why this industry is so shit in Canada.

Anyone at Jazz with any hopes of ever working at ML should fully support this grievance.

Just like I rolled my eyes when junior pilots au Jazz were thinking the A220 would go to Jazz and they could fly them. That just deteriorates the jobs at ML and your long term career potential.

Now the Jazz lifers hoping for it I can understand but lots of them are PFOd from AC so ironic much?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I can assure you there are many pilots at Jazz who chose to stay, not because of a “PFO”. A seniority number is worth its weight in gold right now. Even when things pick up in a couple years there will be many second guessing leaving a lousy “regional” job and starting over. This isn’t the last aviation crisis we will see in our careers. It’s definitely the worst though so far.

Let’s Go Brandon
planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

Yeah I know I didn't say everyone.

I found those who chose to stay much more respectful generally.

It's usually the ones who got the PFO who want to burn the AC house down.

I was actually very close to staying myself. Like I mentioned earlier a lot of aspects of Jazz are better than AC.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I wish this was all over already too. It’s shitty for everyone. We have 600 laid off which is nearly 50% and another 100+ getting downgraded shortly. I don’t think anyone at Jazz wants your jobs to come here. It’s not like we pilots are marching into ACs headquarters and calling the shots.

Let’s Go Brandon
planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

Agreed, this is not a pilot v. pilot problem.

This is a pilot (all of us) v. the companies we work for trying to tear us all apart.

I still stand behind the fact we need to guard our collective agreement even if that may have negative effects on Jazz pilots. That said, it would only be negative effects at Jazz to the point of where it should have been to begin with if Air Canada actually followed our scope clause.

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

One thing’s for sure, no matter where it comes from, a bunch of thoughtless rhetoric is not going to help the situation.

I’m going to try and make a couple of points that I tried to make earlier in this thread -
We’re stuck in this mess together. Bottom line is we should recognize and respect the fact that NO ONE has a stake in this that is any more or any less valid or important than anyone else’s.
We need to recognize where the real threat to our industry is coming from right now, and not add to it.

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

Agreed. We need to re-orientate our focus to convince the bloody gov to open the borders and stop euthanizing our industry for a small cut in the arm...

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:33 pm Agreed. We need to re-orientate our focus to convince the bloody gov to open the borders and stop euthanizing our industry for a small cut in the arm...
Well said.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”