hiring at Jazz!!!

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: hiring at Jazz!!!

Post by mattedfred »

teacher wrote:I spoke to a management type the other day. Applicants had between 1500-4000 hours, those being the extreme edges of the experience that was interviewed with most I think in the 2-3000 range. Most if not all were left seat on small turboporops ie. 1900, King Airs and PC12s. Anyone else care to comment?
if you want the truth don't ask a manager
---------- ADS -----------

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Oh Fred, you kill me.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
Swerved
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Swerved »

Apparently the March course has 14 in it, so I'm told...

Welcome aboard, boys and girls...it's a good gig. Uncertain times ahead, but quite often pain at the mainline level has resulted in good things at the regional level. We'll wait and cross our fingers... :)

Swerved.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?
mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mattedfred »

teacher wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Oh Fred, you kill me.
i'm not kidding. you'll learn this lesson the same way i did i'm afraid.

HavaJava
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HavaJava »

I was just wondering if anyone had any up-to-date information regarding the bases that Jazz is currently hiring for. Is YYC still the main base for current hiring? How long would it take a new hire to get transfered to YUL or YYZ? Also, what is the current commuting policy?

Thanks in advance,
HJ

bowling
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bowling »

The real question is how long would it take for a jazz new hire to get the call from westjet...!!!!

Why would you want to move to a half bankrupt airline in the middle of a recession?????

stay where you are and be the first new hire of the next hiring boom....

coffee addict
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by coffee addict »

bowling wrote: Why would you want to move to a half bankrupt airline in the middle of a recession?????
Why? Because it's worth it !
So I Don't have to wake up at 4am (sometimes 3am) to do a 17 hours duty day 5 days a week to load 3000 pounds of rubber dog shit out of a hole in a clapped-out plane! hahaha :mrgreen:

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mattedfred »

the rumour i heard was 14 new hires starting tomorrow with bases in YYC and YUL being available. rumour has it that 8 of them are CAAC grads from 2008. 2 additional GS courses to follow.

Last edited by mattedfred on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
vortac
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vortac »

By CAAC grads, you mean inexperienced college grads who will be ready to take a concession any chance they get because they don't know what they're worth?

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mattedfred »

nope

just grads from www.caac.ca member aviation colleges

and it wouldn't matter to ALPA if 7 members out of over 1500 were willing to take concessions for any reason, at any time, regardless of their experience

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TopperHarley »

HavaJava wrote:I was just wondering if anyone had any up-to-date information regarding the bases that Jazz is currently hiring for. Is YYC still the main base for current hiring? How long would it take a new hire to get transfered to YUL or YYZ? Also, what is the current commuting policy?

Thanks in advance,
HJ
Based on our bid, the openings were as follows:
RJ spots: 9 YYC, 6 YYZ
Dash spots: 1 YHZ, 3 YYZ, 18 YYC, 8 YVR, and 12 YUL.

No idea how these spots will be filled over the next few months. There could be changes to these as well. I remember when I showed up we were all expecting YYZ bases as that was the majority of the openings at the time, and there wasnt one single YYZ base in my class.

As far as how long it will take to transfer to YYZ or YUL, it all depends. You could bid out of the base and wait to get a transfer- this could take a few months or longer depending on base vacancies. Or, if you can find someone to trade with you, you can do a base trade. This requires you to get the signature of everyone in between you guys on seniority for their approval. I got a transfer out of YUL to YYZ within less than 1 month.

Jazz has a good commuting policy. But Im not a commuter, so maybe someone else can help you out there.

Hope this helps!

‎"Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly." - Mother Theresa
vortac
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vortac »

mattedfred wrote:nope

just grads from http://www.caac.ca member aviation colleges

and it wouldn't matter to ALPA if 7 members out of over 1500 were willing to take concessions for any reason, at any time, regardless of their experience
Baby steps my friend, it's all about baby steps from management's perspective. They'll get what they need accomplished, and it looks like they have people like you already fooled. Only 7? Better add the 8 from last year. This will only get bigger and bigger. Before you know it, you'll cringe (if not already) when you find out your kids may want to pursue this profession and work for 18K a yr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RayMaswju1A
They've already been fooled south of the border my friend, and this is the result. THe ads promise and deliver. COME TO OUR COLLEGE AND WALK INTO AN RJ WHEN YOU GRADUATE.

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mattedfred »

looks can be deceiving my friend. i'm well aware that this is the 2nd group of CAAC grads that JALP has hired. i also know exactly what JALP's motivation is regarding this issue which i'll openly discuss with you on the ALPA Webboard.

Dark Helmet
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Dark Helmet »

vortac wrote:
mattedfred wrote:nope

just grads from http://www.caac.ca member aviation colleges

Baby steps my friend, it's all about baby steps from management's perspective. They'll get what they need accomplished, and it looks like they have people like you already fooled. Only 7? Better add the 8 from last year. This will only get bigger and bigger. Before you know it, you'll cringe (if not already) when you find out your kids may want to pursue this profession and work for 18K a yr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RayMaswju1A
They've already been fooled south of the border my friend, and this is the result. THe ads promise and deliver. COME TO OUR COLLEGE AND WALK INTO AN RJ WHEN YOU GRADUATE.
18K a year Ha! I don't think the reason these college grads came into aviation is to simply fly a shiny Jet no matter how much it pays.

FYI, one of the original 8 hired last year has already resigned. I also overheard (could be a rumor but it would not surprise me) that another one is taking college classes part time. He said he did not see himself doing this (I am assuming flying) for the long term.

Everyone seems to think that these college grads are naive because of their age and inexperience. That perception is flawed.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

The Commuting policy is great, Non punative if you don't make it provided that you follow the guidelines(No I am not going to list them all).

I personally find that our westjet jumpseat is awesome, They treat us better than our own company.

Pretty soon Montie is going to have us all sitting in the lav's.

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

mattedfred wrote:looks can be deceiving my friend. i'm well aware that this is the 2nd group of CAAC grads that JALP has hired. i also know exactly what JALP's motivation is regarding this issue which i'll openly discuss with you on the ALPA Webboard.
For what it's worth, I heard that the second round of college kids had already been interviewed from a prior session. These kids had already been promised seats when they became available.

coffee addict
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by coffee addict »

Anyone know what positions/bases were given in the March 23rd groundschool?

DeltaHotel
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DeltaHotel »

I was a bit late to apply !

Im a Dash8 F/O with Air Labrador.
My company annonced that they are shutting down last week. I applied at JZA right away but I think that everybody that was going to get called for interviews were called already :(

What do you guys think ? Do I still have a shot ?

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mattedfred »

sorry to hear the bad news

i would apply at porter and jazz and i would walk a resume in at both places and explain that your employer shut down so you are in desperate need of a job

air creebec, perimeter and voyageur have dash8s as well

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Yep, Porter would be high on my list of places to try to get on at. Lot's of hiring to be done there.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”