Freeze

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

TcheDjan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Freeze

Post by TcheDjan »

Hi,

I'm almost 2 years with Jazz. I know Air Canada has stopped hiring God knows until when. I'm on the Dash thinking of bidding the RJ. If I do so, will I be "frozen" at Jazz again for another 2 (or is it 3?) years?

Thanks

TD
---------- ADS -----------

Jet Driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Freeze

Post by Jet Driver »

TD.. Once you have been at Jazz for 2 years your freeze is up. If you change airplanes you will be frozen on that airplane for a period of time within jazz, but that freeze isn't the same as the one to go over to maine line.

El Comat
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by El Comat »

As a very junior dash F/O, I would encourage you to bid to the RJ :D . That is, of course, assuming you're based in YYZ. I could use an extra number below me to help get me away from continuous duties!

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

I'd also agree, bid the RJ as I need those 40 new hires to be dash not RJ and a few less above and more below would suit me just fine.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

If you bid on to the RJ the company has the option to prevent you from switching to AC mainline for 2 years from your PPC. If they do that you will however accrue seniority from your original course date.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Since I doubt AC will be hiring any time soon, I'd take (or stay) on what machine/base is going to give you the best lifestyle. If your trying to tweak your resume for overseas companies then go onto the RJ.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

LOU18 (or whatever it is called right now) will not survive Contract 2009 bargaining at mainline. That is probably good news for most.

Brick Head
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Brick Head »

rudder wrote:LOU18 (or whatever it is called right now) will not survive Contract 2009 bargaining at mainline. That is probably good news for most.
Yeah,

Rudder is very likely right.

Apparently AC management has already made over tones to the effect, since the final sale of Jazz, that LOU 18 no longer applies to anyone. ACPA has opposed this position, to this point. It is likely however, the reason ACPA has done so is bargaining this summer, and not a real desire to protect it.

IOW try and make the company trade for it. I doubt it ill work. But hey it is strategy. I think the likely course of action by AC will be to ignore LOU 18 next time AC hires and let an arbitrator will sort it out.

I wouldn't put much stock in it.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

So if LOU 18 was droped, would that mean more or less actual hiring (not just interviews) from Jazz in the future?

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Black Cat
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Black Cat »

KAG wrote:So if LOU 18 was droped, would that mean more or less actual hiring (not just interviews) from Jazz in the future?
Less hiring from mainline and more from westjet :P
KAG wrote:So if LOU 18 was droped, would that mean more or less actual hiring (not just interviews) from Jazz in the future?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”