sheet metal ame pay

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

homebuiltpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

sheet metal ame pay

Post by homebuiltpilot »

Hi,
Can anybody tell me the top pay for a licensed structures mechanic. Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

airmech07
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: sheet metal ame pay

Post by airmech07 »

it is on caw2002 website....heres the link http://www.caw2002tca.ca/systems/file_d ... 3724&ver=2

get-r-dun
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by get-r-dun »

Too much, they are paid the same as A real AME that signs and runs the Aircraft.

crazy_aviator
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by crazy_aviator »

get r ,

A good metal bender aught to be paid a little more than an AME, just as a good Avionics person should be,,, A GOOD AME who is also a good sht. mtl. and electrical person aught to be paid more than either,,, HOWEVER, in the real world, it doesnt work that way, sad to say!

get-r-dun
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by get-r-dun »

Sad to say but your right, Around here they treat everyone equal. Tin bashers and painters go straight to ACA pay when they get their papers. M guys are held back up to 2 years, this gives them time to learn their trade before they are sent out and signs for everything including their S&E work. Transport canada sates, m guys must have type training, where S guys can punch time then sign, not a fair system. While the M (with S and E training) guys waiting for a course, the S guy is painting aircraft for ACA pay.

Transport Canada Got to fix this.

homebuiltpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by homebuiltpilot »

Hi,
I have 3 decades of experience. I worked 27 yrs at AC before going out as a conractor. There were very few m guys in the hangar worth there salt. The same goes for sheet metal guys. The best mechanics were on the ramp where it's busier. I feel I was worth every bit as much as an m license guy. It's the same everywhere, 30 percent of the mechanics are doing 80 plus percent of the work.
Very few m guys are good sheetmetal guys from what I have seen over the years. There are some but not many. Just my 2 cents.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”