Chorus shares

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CanadianEh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Chorus shares

Post by CanadianEh »

Is there or will there be any kind of employee stock plan for Jazz employees? Just curious.

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Chorus shares

Post by swervin »

It's the same plan as before contribute up to 6% of your salary, company tops it up by 33% in April I believe..

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Thats not bad, especially considering you also have a pension. If I were at Jazz, I would be jumping all over this one.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
CanadianEh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by CanadianEh »

Thanks for the info. I agree with KAG, that's not to shabby at all.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

The Jazz pilot pension plan is funded at a company contribution rate of approximately 12% of pilot payroll. The EUPP is not intended as a supplement for pension benefits but rather to promote broad based employee share ownership in order to better align owner and employee interests. On that basis, the program as currently designed with a 33% match on restricted employee contributions falls far short as evidenced by the poor subscription rate. Meanwhile, Jazz senior management are regularly rewarded with gifted equity and stock option grants. There are two solitudes at Jazz and that is unlikely to change anytime soon.

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

I am "in the program" and it has treated me quite well. Of course I realize the whole thing about losing my money AND my job if the company tanks, but considering the fact that Jazz is an airline, I don't put all my eggs in the one basket.

Whether one has a problem with the company or not is irrelevant. With a yield of roughly 11% (for now) and the top-up of 33.3%, most investors would agree that kind of ROI is worth it.

vmc_demo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by vmc_demo »

New Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by New Flyer »

JayBird787
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JayBird787 »

Isn't it interesting Jazz is offering 100% match to their employees and yet, the CEO and CFO as of Dec 31, 2010 have sold off ALL of their shares!

What we know from airline history is that we should not own any shares, what we know from the two highest paid employees is that we should not own any shares.

PC12flyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PC12flyer »

Is that because the company "changed" hands from Jazz Air Income Fund to Chorus Aviation on December 31st? Technically everyone sold their Jazz Air Income fund shares on December 31st and immediately bought a Chorus Share to replace it.

Lakelad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lakelad »

JayBird787 wrote:Isn't it interesting Jazz is offering 100% match to their employees and yet, the CEO and CFO as of Dec 31, 2010 have sold off ALL of their shares!
What we know from airline history is that we should not own any shares, what we know from the two highest paid employees is that we should not own any shares.
SEDI (System for Electronic Disclosure by Insiders) which maintains insider trading records for Canadian based exchanges indicates both Randell and Rowe as Chorus stockholders as of Dec31/10. Curious as to the source that would suggest otherwise.

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

If I am not mistaken, it was announced a couple of months ago that Rowe was leaving.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”