Jazz vs. WestJet comparison: 1 year later

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Ryan Coke2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Jazz vs. WestJet comparison: 1 year later

Post by Ryan Coke2 »

Just another explanation on ESP, it is an optional 20% raise. To get the extra 20% you have to defer 20% of your base pay for a year. That's a sacrifice most would consider worth it. Having said that you don't have to take the extra 20% of pay if you don't want.

I have never regretted being all in, no matter what the stock has done, and would have been down many thousands of dollars had I not stayed in.

I really enjoyed my 5 years at Jazz, but I am forever thankful I finally decided to move to WJ 8 years ago. Good luck to all who face a similar decision.
---------- ADS -----------

Pgripp
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pgripp »

Any updates on this review? I'm in the recruitment process for both Jazz and Westjet and I'm trying to collect information in order to make the right decision. If anyone has any updated information to share, great!

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Pgripp wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:26 pm Any updates on this review? I'm in the recruitment process for both Jazz and Westjet and I'm trying to collect information in order to make the right decision. If anyone has any updated information to share, great!
Encore or WJ Mainline?

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

Pgripp wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:26 pm Any updates on this review? I'm in the recruitment process for both Jazz and Westjet and I'm trying to collect information in order to make the right decision. If anyone has any updated information to share, great!
You can take the safe route (Jazz) and get paid slightly better, get a guaranteed interview with AC, but that's it.

You can take the risky route (Encore) and get a better schedule, and a guaranteed job with mainline, but you might not keep your seniority.

It's interesting because even without the one-list, with Encore you are guaranteed a job at mainline. With Encore, you'll very likely get a job with AC as well as they like to poach Westjetters.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Are you still guaranteed a job at mainline? As far as I read it, flow is indefinitely on hold and with the one list voted down there is no agreement at this point.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

I like how you can tell who works where just from their replies in this thread.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

lownslow wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:50 am I like how you can tell who works where just from their replies in this thread.
So True!

I will add this though from my bias. Socialized bidding at Encore may appear better. It might occasionally get you closer to what you want right off the bat.. but it'll never be 'great'. However.. while seniority is very quickly getting better at Jazz offering some great schedules to people at the 1-2yr mark, theres no guarantee it'll continue on this trend. It looks like we have another year or two before a slow down happens though.

Are they still working 18-20 days a month on the teal tails?

mel gibson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mel gibson »

People forget about demographics.

A lot of retirements at Jazz and Air Canada in the next ten years.

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

What is the average number of days worked a month at Jazz lately ?

Gravity always wins
goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goleafsgo »

Kosiw wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:32 pm What is the average number of days worked a month at Jazz lately ?
I usually work 14-16 days/month on the classic in yyz

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

C-GGGQ wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:35 am Are you still guaranteed a job at mainline? As far as I read it, flow is indefinitely on hold and with the one list voted down there is no agreement at this point.
I have faith for 2020.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

plausiblyannonymous wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:06 pm
C-GGGQ wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:35 am Are you still guaranteed a job at mainline? As far as I read it, flow is indefinitely on hold and with the one list voted down there is no agreement at this point.
I have faith for 2020.
Here's hoping. Not stirring the pot with that post. Honestly wasn't sure. A lot of people assuming it's all good, but a few have stated that with that vote going the other way basically the baby was thrown out with the bathwater. Flow died with the one list until something new is passed which would be a shame.

vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

I have faith for 2020.
Would a 2020 recession affect the chances?

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

vermont wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:06 pm
I have faith for 2020.
Would a 2020 recession affect the chances?
No.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”