Low-time hires

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Low-time hires

Post by Diadem »

I was told by a reliable, albeit second-hand, source that Jazz has hired guys with less than 1500 hours, no ATPL, no MPIC and not college grads in the last couple of years. Does Jazz hire pilots with this little experience?
---------- ADS -----------

pacman007
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Low-time hires

Post by pacman007 »

well it looks like i will be flying westjet regional, good luck jazz

Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lateralus »

pacman007 wrote:well it looks like i will be flying westjet regional, good luck jazz
Might want to avoid AC while you're at it. They just hired one of the Jazz "college kids".

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

pacman007 wrote:well it looks like i will be flying westjet regional, good luck jazz
Westjet regional will be just as bad. Good luck finding qualified pilots willing to work with for the low wages.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Y'know, some people sneered at the original WestJetters for taking 'below industry standard' wages at the outset. I'm sure that there's more than a few (multi?) millionaires amongst that group now - and you certainly don't hear them moaning about FP60 or the CPA..... If I were interested in an airline career, I'd be looking pretty hard at WJRegional vs Jazz or AC.

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TopperHarley »

A little over-dramatic methinks. If you look at the experience level of Jazz's captains, there is still plenty of experience in the cockpit on all of Jazz' flights.

If you compare their experience levels in the cockpit to other airlines in Canada that fly RJs and Dash 8s, Im sure Jazz's is still much higher.

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

TopperHarley wrote:
A little over-dramatic methinks. If you look at the experience level of Jazz's captains, there is still plenty of experience in the cockpit on all of Jazz' flights.

If you compare their experience levels in the cockpit to other airlines in Canada that fly RJs and Dash 8s, Im sure Jazz's is still much higher.
Topper Harley,

save your precious Nuttella for some other topics, it's not worth it buddy :wink:

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TopperHarley »

Mig29 wrote:
Topper Harley,

save your precious Nuttella for some other topics, it's not worth it buddy :wink:

I was actually just about to eat some Nutella now :smt016

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

^ Yeah! I hear it can put some hair on your chest! :lol:

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TopperHarley »

North Shore wrote:^ Yeah! I hear it can put some hair on your chest! :lol:
:smt040

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

North Shore wrote:^ Yeah! I hear it can put some hair on your chest! :lol:

It's a small price to pay for that treasure on a slice of bread in the morning!! Or at night... :yawinkle:

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

Y'know, some people sneered at the original WestJetters for taking 'below industry standard' wages at the outset. I'm sure that there's more than a few (multi?) millionaires amongst that group now - and you certainly don't hear them moaning about FP60 or the CPA..... If I were interested in an airline career, I'd be looking pretty hard at WJRegional vs Jazz or AC.
You may have a point regarding the original Westjet Pilots however the same cannot be said for those that will eventually take positions at WJ Regional. The days of WJ millionaires are long gone.

JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JAHinYYC »

Diadem wrote:I was told by a reliable, albeit second-hand, source that Jazz has hired guys with less than 1500 hours, no ATPL, no MPIC and not college grads in the last couple of years. Does Jazz hire pilots with this little experience?
Never let me be one to stiffle a thread hijack, but... this is a question I would like to know the answer to - especially since I possess neither 1500hrs, nor an ATPL and a mere 110MPIC hrs.

Do such super humans exist?

You know, the ones with barrel chests, the ability to open tin cans with their bare hands and impregnate women just by glancing at them?

Last edited by JAHinYYC on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
confuzed
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by confuzed »

JAHinYYC wrote:Do such super humans exist?

You know, the one's with barrel chests, the ability to open tin cans with thier bar hands and impregnate women just by glancing at them?
Yeah, of course they do! The old spice guy for sure, he sure made a fool of Fabio and is most definitely a super human.

:?

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

JAHinYYC wrote:
Diadem wrote: Do such super humans exist?

You know, the one's with barrel chests, the ability to open tin cans with thier bar hands and impregnate women just by glancing at them?
Ask my Wife, I got her Pregnant just by looking at her C@ckeyed

Wingman
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Wingman »

I know that experience is a huge asset and there really is no substitute for good experience but... I'f a company can find highly skilled, knowledgable, disciplined, and hard working individuals why would they not hire them. They still have to meet the same standards as everyone else at a 705 operation.

cj555
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cj555 »

Diadem wrote:I was told by a reliable, albeit second-hand, source that Jazz has hired guys with less than 1500 hours, no ATPL, no MPIC and not college grads in the last couple of years. Does Jazz hire pilots with this little experience?
Wow did this thread get off topic...

Heres my 2 cents:

Until someone confirms it, I wouldn't beleive it. There are way too many qualified pilots applying at Jazz (that meet and/or exceed the min requirements), it is extremely unlikely they would hire someone with less then the bare min requirements unless that person had a serious inside connection...

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”