Medical

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Medical

Post by loopa »

What's involved in a Jazz Medical? Do they have any automatic disqualifiers?
---------- ADS -----------

burhead1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Medical

Post by burhead1 »

If you suffer from AirCanada logorrhea, it is an automatic disc qualifier.

Beach 200
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Beach 200 »

I heard it was just peeing in a cup. Thats it. Testing for the obvious, mostly "lifestyle" decisions you may have made in your life.

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

Beach 200 wrote:I heard it was just peeing in a cup. Thats it. Testing for the obvious, mostly "lifestyle" decisions you may have made in your life.
Is it the same as the A/C Medical? I hear that one you run on treadmills and they do blood work and etc? I'm a bigger dude, have always been, but am a steady gym guy so no problems for the treadmill and etc, just not sure what fails you. I'm no olympic athlete lol. Bp is in the regions of 130/85 my cholestrol and glucose levels are all in the norm, but on the BMI category none of the middle eastern carriers would sure hire me LOL. Which is strange because BMI is such a stupid way to measure somebody with out of proportional muscle mass.

I have seen big guys at A/C and Jazz, bigger than me, but I don't know if the initial medical is different than renewing.

Would love the feedback! Thanks!

Benito
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Benito »

I did the JAZZ medical last year, it's only a drug screening. Pee in a cup, wait 5 min and you're good to go. Also did the AC medical a month ago, took almost 2 hours, it's a complete medical examination.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”