Vacation

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Switchfoot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Vacation

Post by Switchfoot »

Simple question: for new hires these days...how many weeks vacation does one get to start?
---------- ADS -----------

Beach 200
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Vacation

Post by Beach 200 »

Your first fiscal year of employment is NONE. You have to accumulate vacation time to take the following year.
Ie if you were hired on January 1 2012, you'll accumulate 2 weeks VAC and 9 stats and you will be able to take it all in 2013.
You can get your stats paid out if you want. If you leave before a year, the company just pays out your accumulated VAC time.

madcapmagition
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Vacation

Post by madcapmagition »

Not sure if Beech200 is talking about all the departments, but I have worked in two different departments (both Tech 1 and Tech 2) and was given vacation as soon as probation ended. First Job in a Tech 2 position started in early august, took vacation in November. I was given two weeks right from the start. Second position in the Tech 1 was the same thing, no vacation till the three month probation was up. It could be dependent on the collective agreement. You should find out shortly after you start.

The problem with being a new hire in the union is that you bid your vacation slot last, so I don't usually plan anything until my bid is approved, and then go ahead and plan what you want to do on vacation.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”