Jazz initial training locations?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

N00b
Rank 0
Rank 0

Jazz initial training locations?

Post by N00b »

Just curious where Jazz does the initial qual courses. I've heard Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver, but not sure if that is accurate and which airframe goes where?

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

Buzz Lightyear
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Jazz initial training locations?

Post by Buzz Lightyear »

Mostly Toronto and Vancouver unless you get the Q400 as the sim is in Montreal. You would however do the common part of the ground school (CRM) in YYZ.

Fish N. Chips
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fish N. Chips »

Also, what is the length of GS? I was told six weeks, I assume this is including the sim training. Could anyone confirm this? If it is six weeks, are there days off that would allow a commute back to the family?

Thanks, FNC

705dreamer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 705dreamer »

I would say the initial training is all of 6 weeks if not just a wee bit more. You do get plenty of time to head back home during training. There is usually a break period at some point which gives you a week off. Jazz does also provide you with a flight home anywhere in Canada I think. Even if you have 2 days off and want to go home for a few hours. If not, you can keep your hotel room for your days off in lieu of flights if that is the way you want to go. There are lots of periods of 3 and 4 days off.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”