Georgian RJ's

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Georgian RJ's

Post by Stinky »

It looks like CR is gearing up to force us into a strike situation in 2015 so he can cancel the CPA. If Sky Regional is fat on pilots and has leads on some 175's for lease in 2015 and Georgian has a few RJ's and DH8's with the ability to quickly add more we'll be allowed to strike!
So, do we take the 20%-30% cut with benefit reductions and more cuts or do we strike, let the CPA get thrown out the window and then beg to have a few scraps back if we agree to even more cuts?
---------- ADS -----------

CanadianEh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Georgian RJ's

Post by CanadianEh »

Rock and a hard place. As long as pilots continue to undercut one another, the race to the bottom continues at an ever increasing rate!

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

................and to think, us folks at Jazz just a few short years ago were being labeled as scabs and bottom feeders. Now we're the over priced help.................

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

I disagree.

Take pay cut somewhere else....office, ground staff, management....because last time I checked, Jazz was 4th airline in N.America for on-time performance. Frankly a lot of people are involved in this achievement, but when it's all said and done, when doors are closed and park brake is off, the people who make this on-time performance a reality are the pilots!

If Jazz pilots are going to go into next round of negotiations with the attitude that concessions are a necessity, then be prepared to give a lot more then 20-30%. When we ALL start respecting our selves a bit more, then so will the other guy at the negotiating table.

I believe there is room for improvement, more efficiency, but it doesn't have to come from the pay cheques or degrading the lifestyle and the current contract. I believe that the company and union can have a positive and fruitful negotiation if and only IF they work together, and not treat each other like enemies. (That will depend of course on who is sitting at the table....)

Sleeve of Wizard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sleeve of Wizard »

Mig29 wrote:I disagree.

Take pay cut somewhere else....office, ground staff, management....because last time I checked, Jazz was 4th airline in N.America for on-time performance. Frankly a lot of people are involved in this achievement, but when it's all said and done, when doors are closed and park brake is off, the people who make this on-time performance a reality are the pilots!

If Jazz pilots are going to go into next round of negotiations with the attitude that concessions are a necessity, then be prepared to give a lot more then 20-30%. When we ALL start respecting our selves a bit more, then so will the other guy at the negotiating table.

I believe there is room for improvement, more efficiency, but it doesn't have to come from the pay cheques or degrading the lifestyle and the current contract. I believe that the company and union can have a positive and fruitful negotiation if and only IF they work together, and not treat each other like enemies. (That will depend of course on who is sitting at the table....)
This is a little off topic but... It's funny that pilots are responsible for on-time performance when we're ON TIME by simply releasing the parking brake "on time," yet when the parking brake is released LATE it's always someone else's fault (agent, bag loading, maintenance...) We're all responsible for on time performance.

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

I'll agree that spreading the pessimistic attitude plays right into their hands, they obviously are hoping we come in ready for concessions but I don't want to be naive either. They really seem to have us by the balls on this and I don't see what we can do as a group to fix it.
I thought it was strange when the 175's went to SR but it seems like the plan right from the beginning was to do some serious union busting at Jazz. I imagine Air Canada had a lot to do with this Georgian/Regional 1 deal.

tiguan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tiguan »

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1229705 ... der-routes

Some more bad news here. It is not looking good for the regionals in Canada.

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

Jazz was 4th airline in N.America for on-time performance. Frankly a lot of people are involved in this achievement, but when it's all said and done, when doors are closed and park brake is off, the people who make this on-time performance a reality are the pilots!
Unfortunately, I've never known anyone to buy a ticket based on the airlines on time performance. People want dirt cheap airfare, they might pay extra for hot flight attendants but that's about it.

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

I think the only way out is as someone has mentioned getting ACPA/ALPA on the same page, realizing that we are all collectively losing ground and it will come back in 4-5 years back on their table, just like Jazz is under the gun today.

I was only quoting the on time performance, trying to say that Jazz is making profit year over year and doing it on time and safely. Why break the formula, by cornering the employees with concession creating a problem where there isn't one?

Hot F/A's?? Like the blondie in the middle??? :smt047

winston
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by winston »

How about Chorus takes a pro-active approach for once and bids on the Trans border flying....

I'm sure there is a clause somewhere in The CPA that won't allow it but I'm getting pretty tired of this sit back and react or do nothing at all approach that seems to be our "Management" style.

W

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1229705 ... der-routes

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

How about Chorus takes a pro-active approach for once and bids on the Trans border flying....
There's no doubt they'll bid on it, there is also no doubt we can't be as low price wise. It would also defeat Air Canada's attempt to diversify the flying. It will be no different then when we bid on the Q400 flying out of the island.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

GGN can barely maintain its staffing levels right now. Next time you look at the boards in the terminal notice how many GGN (and SkyRegional) flights are delayed or cancelled.

cpt.sam
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by cpt.sam »

mmmmmmmmm? :rolleyes:
Did I understand that AC is requesting proposals from Canadian AND American operators?
:smt014
I assume this must be reciprocal agreement, allowing city pairs to be served by each nations operators?

Also;
Does anyone think this in line with the Regional1 mou with Georgian?
Could Georgian be in line to get larger a/c?
Will EVAS follow in NL?
How long is the Contract valid?

So many questions... :?
So many disgusting facets to our industry... :evil:
So many worries about career path choices! :roll:

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

The invitation of US regionals is probably an effort to send out to Canadian bidders what is expected of them. Based on the diversification message I would guess this flying will go to GNN/R1.

So SR under cuts AC. Encore undercuts SR. Now AC wants to target the floor.

Well done folks!

TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

So Air Canada wants to diversify the regional flying? I remember not so long ago, there were many regionals in canada like Air BC, Air Nova, Air Alliance, Air Ontario and Canadian Regional. They merged into one, and now Air Canada want that all back!

Rumors
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Rumors »

How much flying can Air Canada take away from Jazz?

Don't they have an agreement till 2020?

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

There is a minimum fleet guarantee and block hour guarantee as well. Just don't expect Jazz to get additional work if AC is gunning for cheap lift. If price is the only consideration than our 4th place and Sky Regionals 29th place standing in the OTP rankings means little. Don't we all use the same baggage handlers and others services?

Rumors
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Rumors »

Isn't jazz close to those minimums?

if AC subbed out any of Jazz 's current work wouldnt they have to give them more flying to make up for the flying They lose?

peice
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by peice »

It's a strange merger between R1 and GGN. GGN pilots will stay in their union and continue to fly the 1900 and the R1 pilots will stay out west and fly what they fly. GGN makes the majority of its money through maintenance and the charters out west, giving it a good position there with plenty of parts due to this merger. It looks like they are trying to diversify and continue on to expand west, instead of trying to satisfy AC with these new 705 aircraft.

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tdp19 »

Peice, they could be trying anything but i heard that there management approached there pilot group in offered them $48,000, and $23,000 respectively to fly left seat rj and dash and right seat rj and dash. Apparently the pilot group declined, any ggn guys confirm this?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”