Georgian RJ's

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Georgian RJ's

Post by Localizer »

:smt075 :smt075

How many times can you hit your head against the wall. Thanks for your support Rudder, I know you only have a couple years left and all, but some of us do care. I hope Sunwing is fulfilling that void you have.
---------- ADS -----------

ajet32
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ajet32 »

Deleted

Last edited by ajet32 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

Since when did your nickname become Rudder? Also, since you mention you work in Asia, why do you have an opinion in the college or what power it has? Obviously if you don't live or work here its a moot point.

gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

The pay scale is based on credit hours with a defined min. The average Capt is projected to earn between 74K and 78K (initial direct entry Captains will/may be higher on the scale based on exp) and the FO's will earn 38K to 40K. That is with average workloads and no additional duties. Per diems were raised in the last collective agreement. The benefits are excellent for a mid-size company including loss of licence ins, medical, dental, life ins, ac passes (C4) and new RRSP matching although at a very low 1% after 5 years (it is a start). LIDC Captains and additional duty holders will be making 85K to 90K but no longer get an additional day off. Pilots also have the option of switching to Regional 1, AGL's charter division where the wages are higher and the schedule is lighter but not defined. The crew who rotate to Afghanistan or Africa from R1 also earn a very high premium. In summary if a CRJ or Dash 8 driver wants pay over schedule they can get it at AGL/R1.

To answer the experience question; I think the merger with Regional 1 last month will address all issues. R1 is a CRJ operator flying the type in the Canadian north, Africa and other locations. They also have a long list of contract pilots that R1 uses when they need them - assume most will work for AGL at least for a while. In other words the new AGL/R1 is an existing CRJ operator with both Canadian and international experience.

The loss of YHZ for AGL and gain for EVAS is part of AC regional airline diversification strategy and signifies more growth for both operators.

AGL has access to 50 CRJ's and close to 100 Dash 8 classics as well as "more than a few" Q400 aircraft through AVmax their new partner. I think you will see their focus shift from the B1900 to these types in the next few years both within the AC family and outside of it by growing Regional 1.

The pay scales at AGL cover B1900, up-to 50 seat TP, up-to 50 jet, 51 - 76 seat TP and 51 - 76 seat jet. The CRJ 100 and 200's that AGL will fly for AC are upper middle of the scale.

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

gtanorth wrote:The pay scale is based on credit hours with a defined min. The average Capt is projected to earn between 74K and 78K (initial direct entry Captains will/may be higher on the scale based on exp) and the FO's will earn 38K to 40K. That is with average workloads and no additional duties. Per diems were raised in the last collective agreement. The benefits are excellent for a mid-size company including loss of licence ins, medical, dental, life ins, ac passes (C4) and new RRSP matching although at a very low 1% after 5 years (it is a start). LIDC Captains and additional duty holders will be making 85K to 90K but no longer get an additional day off. Pilots also have the option of switching to Regional 1, AGL's charter division where the wages are higher and the schedule is lighter but not defined. The crew who rotate to Afghanistan or Africa from R1 also earn a very high premium. In summary if a CRJ or Dash 8 driver wants pay over schedule they can get it at AGL/R1.

To answer the experience question; I think the merger with Regional 1 last month will address all issues. R1 is a CRJ operator flying the type in the Canadian north, Africa and other locations. They also have a long list of contract pilots that R1 uses when they need them - assume most will work for AGL at least for a while. In other words the new AGL/R1 is an existing CRJ operator with both Canadian and international experience.

The loss of YHZ for AGL and gain for EVAS is part of AC regional airline diversification strategy and signifies more growth for both operators.

AGL has access to 50 CRJ's and close to 100 Dash 8 classics as well as "more than a few" Q400 aircraft through AVmax their new partner. I think you will see their focus shift from the B1900 to these types in the next few years both within the AC family and outside of it by growing Regional 1.

The pay scales at AGL cover B1900, up-to 50 seat TP, up-to 50 jet, 51 - 76 seat TP and 51 - 76 seat jet. The CRJ 100 and 200's that AGL will fly for AC are upper middle of the scale.
WOW that sounds really amazing, where do I sign up??? Have you flown C4 on mainline recently? That is not much of a benefit unless you want to play Russian Roulette when you show up at the airport and pick a place to go last minute. Extra cash to be made at the expense of going to Afghanistan??? You must be Georgian Management or a Management lackey. Nothing you have stated could be considered as a worthwhile benefit.

Rumors
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Rumors »

Has Air Canada publicly stated that Jazz is losing US routes?

I don't think they have.

The press release on their website says "additional transborder routes"

The only thing they have publicly stated about jazz is they would not be allowed to bid on the RFP.

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

Rumors, I guess you have missed something in the reason why Georgian was awarded RJ flying. I will post a link for you to recap what was announced by Air Canada when the RFP was issued:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e14486312/

Air Canada made it absolutely clear that Jazz/Chorus was not going to be allowed to bid on this work, work that it was currently doing. Jazz Management is still not clear as to the impact on what the flying will look like in 2014. One thing is clear is that come the spring of 2014, Jazz will be losing some Transborder flying to Georgian, the routes are yet to be announced. Regional Diversification implies redistribution of existing flying to other, less costly operators.

Rumors
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Rumors »

Unspecified in the announcement, however, is that these routes are currently being flown by Jazz under the Air Canada Express banner and that Air Canada is seeking a new partner to fly them. They are not routes flown by Air Canada’s mainline fleet, confirmed Air Canada spokesman Peter Fitzpatrick.

Like I said they have not publicly stated they are routes currently flown by Jazz.

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

The media, I believe made it sound like Jazz routes.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

prop2jet wrote:
gtanorth wrote:The pay scale is based on credit hours with a defined min. The average Capt is projected to earn between 74K and 78K (initial direct entry Captains will/may be higher on the scale based on exp) and the FO's will earn 38K to 40K. That is with average workloads and no additional duties. Per diems were raised in the last collective agreement. The benefits are excellent for a mid-size company including loss of licence ins, medical, dental, life ins, ac passes (C4) and new RRSP matching although at a very low 1% after 5 years (it is a start). LIDC Captains and additional duty holders will be making 85K to 90K but no longer get an additional day off. Pilots also have the option of switching to Regional 1, AGL's charter division where the wages are higher and the schedule is lighter but not defined. The crew who rotate to Afghanistan or Africa from R1 also earn a very high premium. In summary if a CRJ or Dash 8 driver wants pay over schedule they can get it at AGL/R1.

WOW that sounds really amazing, where do I sign up??? Have you flown C4 on mainline recently? That is not much of a benefit unless you want to play Russian Roulette when you show up at the airport and pick a place to go last minute. Extra cash to be made at the expense of going to Afghanistan??? You must be Georgian Management or a Management lackey. Nothing you have stated could be considered as a worthwhile benefit.
Take a stroll back through his posts prop2jet, and I think you are correct...

When I worked there we had 7 sick days per year and no short term disability. Not real great when your health has a hiccup.

Sorry gtanorth. Nothing to be proud of in your post, especially considering your company is helping to lower the bar for pilot careers in Canada.

ajet32
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ajet32 »

Deleted

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy and Prosperous New Year

Last edited by ajet32 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

Deleted ..

Merry Christmas to all and fingers crossed for a good upcoming year too!

Cheers, Loc

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”