AVCANADA

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:43 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:12 pm 
Rank 2
Rank 2

It appears on Pilot Career Center that jazz has updated their status to "Hiring"... Dash 8/Q400/CRJ First Officers across all bases.

Preference will be given to candidates with ATPL, 1500 TT, and multi-crew twin turbine time.

Does anyone know how many pilots they are forecasting to hire over the next few months?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:54 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

My understanding is that there was a mid may new hire class, and one to follow, for which applicants have been/are being interviewed and placed in the pool. Is this accurate? Anyone interview and hear anything about a date?

PROC_HDG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:50 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Hmmm that's odd. The past 3 groundschools were mostly 200hr wonders and I heard there wasn't anymore hiring for a while but I work here, therefore I have no idea what they're up to.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:31 am 
Rank 8
Rank 8

No planned hiring for the Summer. I believe hiring is complete as required for bid 01-2014. Anything advertised is likely intended to get some candidates in the relatively dry pool.

On the other hand, CHR stock is on quite the upward trend lately...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:43 am 
Rank 5
Rank 5

Quote:

When people say these things when the stock has gained something like .50 per share it always makes me laugh.

It's very important to keep some perspective here

Attachments:
Jazz.jpg
Jazz.jpg [ 62.25 KiB | Viewed 3934 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:18 am 
Rank 7
Rank 7

ourkid2000 wrote:
Quote:
When people say these things when the stock has gained something like .50 per share it always makes me laugh.
It's very important to keep some perspective here

CHR.B is up 71% since June 6, 2013, vs. roughly +20% for the TSX as a whole.
Not sure about you, but I'll take that kind of perspective all day long. As would most folks on here, I suspect. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:58 am 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Since we have gone off topic,I'll add my view on the Chorus share valuation. Yes,it has gone up significantly in the past 12 months only due to the dividend being returned to a level that appeals to large institutional investors. What is worrying is that what occurred a year ago suggests the significant dividend is the only thing that can keep the stock from collapsing. The CPA rates are up for renegotiation next year and it's fair to say that it's not likely to be as lucrative.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:07 pm 
Rank 7
Rank 7

Splash wrote:
Since we have gone off topic,I'll add my view on the Chorus share valuation. Yes,it has gone up significantly in the past 12 months only due to the dividend being returned to a level that appeals to large institutional investors. What is worrying is that what occurred a year ago suggests the significant dividend is the only thing that can keep the stock from collapsing. The CPA rates are up for renegotiation next year and it's fair to say that it's not likely to be as lucrative.
I don't disagree with you - the big run-up has already occurred and the only reason to own it now would be as a yield play. It's hard to see anything but downside from the CPA renegotiation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:17 pm 
Rank 5
Rank 5

Wait in Feb 2013 it was in the $4.50 region......over the next few months it took a massive beating down below 2 bucks and almost got the boot from the TSX. Now it's taken well over a year to get back into the $4 region again and people think this is a good thing?

Yes, it's up 71% since June or whatever but remember it was destroyed by the dividend cut.....the bottom line is that the overall trend over the years has been down.

Sure it's good for short term investments but the bigger picture is what matters.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:07 pm 
Rank 7
Rank 7

ourkid2000 wrote:
Now it's taken well over a year to get back into the $4 region again and people think this is a good thing?
If you were smart/brave enough to have bought in July 2013 at $1.96/share (Disclaimer: I wasn't), how could $4+ be a bad thing? :?:

ourkid2000 wrote:
Yes, it's up 71% since June or whatever but remember it was destroyed by the dividend cut.....the bottom line is that the overall trend over the years has been down. Sure it's good for short term investments but the bigger picture is what matters.
Agreed: With the CPA renegotiation coming up, it's a trading stock, not a long-term investment. Unless of course you're a value investor with superior insight and the courage of your convictions. Not many of those guys around.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:15 am 
Rank 10
Rank 10

2 things killed the stock. The rate setting arbitration uncertainty and the dividend cut. But were resolved in Chorus's favour hence the upward movement of the stock price. Oh, and no. I didn't have stones to buy in at $1.96 either.