AVCANADA

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:36 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Re: 2014 payrates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:07 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

I'm not personally looking to move on.

The reason I ask is because of the discussion about the differences between Encore and Jazz. So what about if an individual was given an offer at Encore and Jazz at once. Besides all the talk about pay, benefits, flow, etc, are there any reasons somebody would be better off choosing Jazz given that there's no AC flying past 2020 as of today? As in, are there any ideas what happens to Jazz after 2020? Cause to most of us outsiders it appears as if most of you fine folks at Jazz will be looking for work come 2020. In which case it would make it a no brainer to go with Encore so that by year 2020 you're sitting in a 737, hopefully not looking for work.

But I'm going just based on hearsay that goes around the industry, hence why I was wondering if anyone here had facts on the matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:28 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Who is to say Encore will still be around in 2020? Lots can happen in the next 6 years, just look at all the change in the past 6. I don't know what the future holds for Jazz, but for now I would still consider it one of the best flying jobs in the country.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:21 am 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Jazz is a leaking ship with a massive storm on it's horizon.

There will be casualties, all will not survive what is ahead.

Why on earth would you buy a ticket for this boat ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:24 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

That's right.....I think Obbie has all up to date and future (not yet revealed) information about Jazz's future, so in all fairness to him we should just wrap up this topic and move on to another discussion :roll:

ps. Jazz folks should be buying lifeboats asap, while they have them at Canadian Tire.