Class 2 Multi/IFR instructor 1100 TT

If your looking for work, post your resume as a PDF document, or submit a brief on your experience and type of work you are looking for.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Is this an effective way to convey my emloyability?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:07 pm

I would hire you!
No votes
Very effective
No votes
Somewhat effective
No votes
Could be less wordy
It works...
No votes
Needs work
Not effective
Total votes: 8

Rank 0
Rank 0

Class 2 Multi/IFR instructor 1100 TT

#1 Post by syllabus » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Brett Loftus 604.374.3441 213 20680 56th Ave Langley, BC V6A 3Z1

To my next chief pilot,
My name is Brett Loftus and over the past year and a half I have been an Instructor at pacific flying club. I am a graduate of the BCIT program which conducts their training at pacific flying club. It was here, I was introduced to and educated on an industry that has captured my imagination since childhood. To be a successful student within this program, due to the time constraints and its intensive nature, a student must exercise organization, professionalism, and most importantly safety-oriented decision making. With this philosophy I managed to be the first person among my classmates to complete my MIFR Rating. I also received the top pilot award from BCIT and pacific flying club upon graduation. I continue to apply this same work ethic which is why I am now the youngest Class 2 supervising Multi/IFR instructor working at the flying school.

As a student of the above mentioned program I graduated with my commercial pilot’s licence, category one medical, and a class one multi-engine instrument rating. BCIT also taught me to respect the other aspects of an air operator through classes such as Safety Management Systems, Airline Business Plan, and ramp safety. I have also assumed leadership roles; as the class representative during my time at BCIT As a class representative my responsibilities included, acting as liaison between my fellow students and our chief instructor. Furthermore, I have since taken the role as a contract negotiator for the instructor collective and was able to work in depth with the management of pacific flying club to outline a new pay scale to encourage instructors to work harder, and earn even more benefits then were available before .
I am a determined and motivated pilot who looks for any way I can contribute more to a company. I know that I can be an asset to your company with my professionalism, organization, and safety oriented approach to aviation. These are some of the many skills I have acquired, which I know would compliment your company’s philosophy.

Brett Loftus

Objective [/size][/b]First Officer

•Diploma of technical Studies/ with Honours
•Incident Command System Level 100
•Under Water Egress Training

Pilot Credentials
Total Time: 1116.8
Single Engine PIC 919.7
Single Engine Total 1064.5
Multi Engine PIC 7.4
Multi Engine Total 52.3
Night PIC 47.5
Night Total 59.1

CPL/ SMEL/ IR group 1 / FI Class 2/ IATRA
Industry Canada- Certificate of Proficiency in Radio
Canada Medical Certificate- Category 1

Work Experience
Pacific Flying Club, Boundary Bat, (May 2009- Present)
Position: Flight Instructor
•Responsible for in flight and ground school training for a Private and commercial licence
•Specialized in advanced airmanship training
•Multi IFR Instructor

Pacific Coastal Airlines, Richmond, (June 2009- December 2009)
Position: Ramp Agent
•Responsible for marshalling, loading, and organizing arriving and departing aircraft

WESTJET, Abbotsford BC, (November 2009- July 2010)
Position: CSA- Customer Service Agent
•Guest experience representative- making bookings, checking in guests, boarding guests

British Columbia Institute of Technology, BCIT, Richmond, BC
Diploma of Technical Studies—3.7 GPA
Graduated February 2009

•Received “Top Pilot” award, BCIT class 6
•Ben Jacobson Memorial Award for Best Private Pilot Written Exam Mark
•Board Of Director’s Award for Best Commercial Pilot Written Exam Mark
---------- ADS -----------
Pilot COVER LETTER 93-03.doc
(37 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
Pilot Resume.doc
(42 KiB) Downloaded 822 times

Return to “Hire me”