EAA Airventure Oshkosh July 24-30 2017

Interested in aerobatics or information on an airshow place your topics here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

EAA Airventure Oshkosh July 24-30 2017

Post by Beefitarian »

Well well well. I can count on fleet16b for a report if I can't make it though most of his reporting is preliminary. An excellent reminder that the event date is approaching.

Too early to tell if I or any of my alter egos will be able to attend.

I had planned on going to the Arlington fly in 2015, but family friends were in our city at that time so plans changed. I decided airplanes must not be that critical in my life considering I have only been flying them once a year for that past few years. I do hope to double that this year and possibly beyond.

Here's the link to the Airventure site.

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure
---------- ADS -----------

fleet16b
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: EAA Airventure Oshkosh July 24-30 2017

Post by fleet16b »

Beef
Please do not started feeding my Osh Addiction this early ..............I am still in recovery from Osh 2016 :lol:
Only 318 days to go ..........

...isn't he the best pilot you've ever seen?....Yeah he is ....except when I'm shaving.........
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Sorry Ace, it's my official role at AvCanada to start the Airventure threads every year.

I'm pretty sure you think about it quite often without the new thread. I know I do. It's funny, I have only gone once, hardly fly and yet it is like a part of my life. Even my wife and kids talk about it fairly regularly.

fleet16b
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by fleet16b »

ADVANCE TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE FOR EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH 2017
64th annual edition of ‘World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration’ on July 24-30, 2017
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (October 13, 2016) — Advance purchase admission tickets and camping credentials are now available for the 65th annual EAA AirVenture Oshkosh fly-in, providing greater convenience for those traveling to the “World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration.” The week-long event will be held July 24-30, 2017 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh.

EAA members and the general public can purchase tickets via a secure website and speed through the admissions process upon arrival in Oshkosh. Daily and weekly admissions are available, including the ability to join EAA and immediately receive the best possible prices. Discounts of $2 on daily adult admissions and $5 on weekly adult admissions are available by purchasing prior to June 16, 2017. Special discounts are also available for veterans and current U.S. military members. There are also early-bird specials for non-EAA members.

“EAA AirVenture remains one of the most affordable family-friendly destinations, featuring a gathering of aircraft, people, innovations, attractions and performances you’ll see no place else in the world,” said Dave Chaimson, EAA vice president of marketing and business development. “This advance purchase opportunity is the best way to be fully ready for an unforgettable experience at Oshkosh, while saving money at the same time. It’s also a great resource for those who want to give that special gift for the aviation enthusiast.”

Highlighted features planned for EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2017 include the Year of the Bomber, honoring the 75th anniversary of the 8th Air Force and the Doolittle Raid; the 90th anniversary of Charles Lindbergh’s solo trans-Atlantic flight; 80th anniversary of the Piper J-3 Cub; and the 25th anniversary of EAA’s Young Eagles program. The multi-platinum band Barenaked Ladies will perform in the always anticipated opening-night concert on Monday, July 24, presented by Ford Motor Company.

Along with daily and weekly AirVenture admissions, there is a special weekend camping package covering the final three days of the event that includes one EAA membership, camping credentials, and four adult admissions – a five percent savings over buying those items separately.

Additionally, a new “Cleared Direct” T-shirt for AirVenture 2017 is also available through the advance purchase website. Receive free shipping on this shirt at the time of advance ticket purchase. Visit the site, make your selections, pay by credit card, and print your tickets at home. Full instructions and answers to frequently asked questions are also included online.

To access the advance ticketing area, visit EAA.org/Tickets. Advance purchase AirVenture tickets are scanned and exchanged for an appropriate wristband at all AirVenture gates in a quick and easy process.

About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is the “World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” and EAA’s yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available online at www.eaa.org/airventure. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 1-800-JOIN-EAA (1-800-564-6322) or visit www.eaa.org. Immediate news is available at www.twitter.com/EAA.
-30-

EDITOR’S NOTE: High-resolution images from EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016 are available at EAA’s media FTP website:
http://media.eaa.org ID: eaamedia PW:airventure2012 (AirVenture 2016 file/AA Post-Event Photos folder)

...isn't he the best pilot you've ever seen?....Yeah he is ....except when I'm shaving.........
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

We did get there early enough but it was pretty easy and a smooth process to buy, membership, camping and week pass right at the gate when we went.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

I'm going to go - after all besides amazing airplane stuff there's going to be barenaked ladies there. :lol:

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
Lotro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lotro »

You had me at:
80th anniversary of the Piper J-3 Cub
~Lotro

fleet16b
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by fleet16b »

Well, after attending Oshkosh twenty two years in a row and going thru 3 tents and god knows how many Oshkosh Storms , I have decided I'm done with Tents
Bought myself a really nice Teardrop Trailer . All Canadian made here in Ontario, this little husband and wife company are going crazy trying to fill orders. If you want a quality crafted product take a look at their site. (http://www.theteardroptrailer.com)
It only weighs 900lbs , sleeps two comfortably and has a kitchen galley at one end .
I am really looking forward to using this at the many airshows I attend.
Still, its only good for shows that I am not flying to so I will
not be tossing the tent.

Last edited by fleet16b on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

I was resigned to missing this year but in addition to those awesome chili dogs from the church tent near the bus tower, there are going to be Seven guys who went to the moon if you believe in that sort of thing.

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-a ... _of_events

I would like to see those guys talk about their experiences with the Apollo program in person. Who knows, maybe Bart Sibrel will show up for Q&A.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

Exciting day yesterday - this year's NOTAM is now available to order (printed copy) or to download. Once it's available is always the time I start to get honestly excited about going again.

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
fleet16b
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by fleet16b »

All my Osh passes were approved Mar 27 , so I am good to go
Just did Sun N Fun to start off my airshow season

FOXBATONE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FOXBATONE »

I am looking to head to Oshkosh this year , flying down actually. Anyone interested in joining me for the flight?

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

I'd love to but my wife gets cranky when I go flying. She'll want me to drive her and the kids there with her mobile command center in tow.

Hopefully fleet16b will find someone willing to take me up for a short local flight this time though.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

6 days until it starts.

Maybe next year, just too much going on here right now.

I did dream I was there last night and met Hedley.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

Beefitarian wrote: I did dream I was there last night and met Hedley.
Holy cow! :shock: Did your family wonder why you woke up screaming? :wink:

Mark Twain
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

It was just a dream. He was pleasant and I had a hamburger from the stand he was helping out at.

Odd since I have been having night mares this month. He has not been in any I can recall.

Return to “Aerobatics & Airshows”