Canadian aerobatic

Interested in aerobatics or information on an airshow place your topics here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Murf
Rank 2
Rank 2

Canadian aerobatic

Post by Murf »

hi, I've got a question. Do we have national aerobatic team here in canada? and if yes what are the requirement to be part of the team ?

thanks!

p.s sorry for my bad english!

Max
---------- ADS -----------

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Canadian aerobatic

Post by Hedley »

Deleted.

Last edited by Hedley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murf
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Murf »

both WAC and AWAC and in advanced and unlimited class...i know the US national where best make the US national Team...we have the same thing here in canada?

cgzro
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cgzro »

We have occasionally put teams into the AWAC and WAC. Usually thoughts its one or two folks acting more or less as individuals with a little bit of support from Aerobatics Canada.

Jerz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jerz »

The last Canadian Team we had was at 2008 AWAC - 4 pilots. Usually is only one or two individuals flying for Canada.

Murf
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Murf »

thanks very much for this answser guys.... I think the canadian aerobatic is not very big in canada ? we have a lot of meeting and club ?

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Deleted.

Last edited by Hedley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murf
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Murf »

only 10...is not a lot!...yeah i will love to talk aerobatic with someone in advanced, unlimited or anyone who do aerobatics a lot. I will take a basic aerobatic the next summer and wiil love to have some tips and tricks...in the plane and out the plane too.After I hope to do some contest...

thans again for your anwser

Max

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Deleted.

Last edited by Hedley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jerz »

Murf, where are you located? We have the most active aerobatic club in Alberta and Rocky Mountain House is probably the place to fly acro in Canada. We have pernament box on the field and several flyiers based here. We had a contest a couple weeks ago with 20 pilots (I think), only one from outside Alberta. Drop in next spring and we can set you up with training, coaching and more acro talk then you can handle. Check our web side - Aerobatic Club of Alberta.
BC also has a bit of aerobatic revival. Unfortunatly they lost the contest in Abottsford, but they run one in Ephrata, WA. As far as I know , not much is happening in the rest of the country, but I know of several new people showing interest, so hopefully that will change in the future.

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Deleted.

Last edited by Hedley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jerz »

Headly
What is your point? I am well aware of regs regarding aerobatics and individual SFOCs. That has nothing to do with our surveyed, permanently marked, and published in CFS box.

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Deleted.

Last edited by Hedley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jerz »

All pilots using our box hold individual SFOC, unless they are part of a contest or an airshow, when the SFOC for the event applies.

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Deleted.

Last edited by Hedley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
cgzro
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cgzro »

Yup, no such thing as an aerobatic box in Canada. As Hedley points out its the pilots that transport canada waivers and then they have to go and get permission to use the property from the property owner etc. Having said that, I call it a 'box' over Gatineau because we've been using it for so long and the SFOC waivered pilots treat it like one.

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Deleted.

Last edited by Hedley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jerz »

There is nothing confusing about aerobatic box. It is more less (dependant on category) cubic kilometre, clearly defined in CIVA and IAC contest rules. I have never mentioned FAA or TC regs, airspace designation, or Minister's approval, as this is totally separate subject.
Anyway, we have one of those aerobatic "none " boxes at Rocky, surveyed, permanently marked in accordance with international contest rules, and published in CFS. And that is the place where we practice aerobatics under our individual SFOCs and with knowledge and approval of good people of TC.
I give up. Over and out. Need to go for a flight in our aerobatic none box.

Murf
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Murf »

thanks again for all this precision...and i will look up the rules for aerobatic flight ;)...and im from quebec so alberta is a little bit far but for my training and can get there for a week......i saw Harv's in manitoba...and some in the USA....I already read some book on basic aerobatic and its give me a good idea what going on in the cockpit. I just looking forward to do my first aerobatic flight

tiggermoth
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tiggermoth »

Seems to be a bit of confusion over the Rocky Mountain House aerobatic box. As Hedley and Peter pointed out, TC does not really recognize an aerobatic box unless it is restricted airspace for an airshow. What Jerz is talking about is an FAI or IAC competition box that is marked out on the ground. It is permanently in place there for the pilots who have the appropriate SFOC to practice there contest sequences, in fact you can even see the box markers on google maps if you want to see where it is at. I'm sure it helps the aerobatic community in Alberta that the airport manager there is quite an aerobatic pilot himself.

I do have a couple questions for Jerz though, when you and the rest of the guys are practicing your airshow routines, do you use the runway there for your "showline" or the edge of the box. Also, how often do you get a chance to get out there and practice either your airshow or competition routines. The reason I ask is that my dad lives in Red Deer and every now and then has to go out to Rocky, so he is hoping he can sometime catch some practice flights.

Return to “Aerobatics & Airshows”