Pilot Hiring Website Wanted

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ThunderCP
Rank 1
Rank 1

Pilot Hiring Website Wanted

Post by ThunderCP »

This question is more for the other CPs and HR types out there, but can anyone suggest a good place to go for some help with sorting the huge volume of resumes that come in? Ideally I'd like it set up such that the candidates can create a profile, enter the relevant numbers for their experience (TT, MPIC, etc.), and upload their resume and cover letter. You know, like the big guys do.

Right now I have my own system of sorting and filing resumes but it's an enormous workload and with all of this movement going on right now I really don't have the time to do it well enough. I know I'm missing out on some excellent candidates just because I'm spread too thin these days.

So, do any of you have any suggestions? Does a turn-key solution even exist for this? A quick googling only seems to bring up job postings, not service providers.
---------- ADS -----------

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Pilot Hiring Website Wanted

Post by cdnpilot77 »

The big players use Taleo, at least that what I remember from 5-6 years ago...see air Canada and Jazz. I have no idea the cost or the service available, but that's a start for you

Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

Hey T, you can look at https://www.prevuehr.com/products/appli ... ng-system/
Go to a few larger companies websites and look at the careers section. Pretend to apply and see if you like the process. You don't have to complete and submit an application to tour around.

Brantford Beech Boy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Brantford Beech Boy »

or how about throw a few bucks to one of your junior flight crew (usually keen F/Os can use a little extra $$ and like to look good in the boss's eyes).
A decent hourly or daily rate for a day or 2 a week is usually enough to entice someone to do it...and probably cheaper than a subscription service

Have HR or IT set up an email address (like pilotresumes@airlinename.com) and let the emails flow to your minion.

Give them a framework of requirements and have them sift through the pile.
Create a pool of say 25 candidates for the desired position and send PFO letters to the rest.

Create a canned set of basic questions, have them phone the 25 potentials. Weed it down to 5, PFO the rest.

Minion then presents you with the 5 best candidates, whom you interview.

Being a good leader is all about delegation.

cheers
BBB

"Almost anywhere, almost anytime...worldwide(ish)"
ThunderCP
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ThunderCP »

Not a bad idea BBB, but I'm after an electronic minion this time around. At the moment I'm too short handed to be taking up a qualified pilot's time with something that is so far outside the scope of what they came here to do. As it stands, I already do have a generic HR email and most of the job of sorting is just sending newly minted CPLs in the right direction to get their start (unfortunately, due to some contract requirements that start can't be here at the moment) and I figure Otto is as good at that as anyone else. Picking from the top of the pile and reviewing/interviewing those would be easy enough.
Brantford Beech Boy wrote:Being a good leader is all about delegation.
I couldn't agree more, and I put a lot of thought into who could handle this and how before deciding to research hiring websites.

Cobra64
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cobra64 »

I found this list of "http://www.softwareadvice.com/ca/hr/app ... comparison." Probably something in here that would work for you. At the very basic you could likely set up some sort of Key Word filter on your emails Inbox that does some classification?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Jazz used workopolis years ago and had been using them for awhile, I seem to remember filling in the boxes for multi pic etc, no idea why they switched but obviously worked for them back then.

Return to “Employment Forum”