EVAS Bond

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Spirit
Rank 3
Rank 3

EVAS Bond

Post by Spirit »

Can anyone here confirm that EVAS has a $15,000 upfront bond?

Thanks guys
---------- ADS -----------

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: EVAS Bond

Post by iflyroads »

As of 5 months ago yes. It's still upfront 15k 2 year bond.

Please look elsewhere as there is a huge hiring spree going on everywhere!!!

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

So EVAS is the only Air Canada Express carrier that charges you for the privilege to work for them?

Spirit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Spirit »

Thanks guys. I can confirm as of today that it's $15,000 UPFRONT for 2-year Bond.

I hope nobody accepts this and by doing so, help make our profession a little better.

If we all refuse this, it will stop.

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

Old news.

Wasaya still bonds for about the same amount, believe the bearskin does the same. There is a 146 operator (Summit?) chRging 50k to sit on your hands in the right seat. I believe flair is similar, but that one is just rumour.

If companies think they have a hard time attracting people now, im certain the bonds will improve their situation For the future.

Hint, no airline of any standard, bonds anyone. Ie Porter, Jazz, encore, sky regional, etc. You will also have better job security and upgrade Prospects. Domt waste your time anywhere else.

Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

Not that I want to prop up the Bear or Wasaya but the Bear just had ads saying no Bond required and Wasaya has 9 grand bond that is not cash up front. The bond must be signed a certain ammout of time before training or it's not valid. I know a few people recently who have not had to sign a bond at either place and they were not typed before. I don't think anyone should work for these places but those are the actual facts.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

I can confirm the above about Wasaya. They do not have an upfront bond anymore, just a prorated promissory note.

You already pay a lot in taxes for healthcare..no need to pay 15k to a nurse trying to run an airline just to work for her. Hopefully if enough people turn it down she will change her requirement.

Spirit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Spirit »

Bearskin still has the upfront thing for FO's. They don't bond Captains.

Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Maynard »

Spirit wrote:Bearskin still has the upfront thing for FO's. They don't bond Captains.
Correct, and the revolving door of 1400hr wonders, here less than 10 months, is spinning faster than ever

I guess I should write something here.
flyhigh008
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyhigh008 »

Hello,
Just wondering if the info on 15k up front is still the case? I heard its 7500 up front but the training is whats worth 15k and you dont actually pay that up front. Of course you would pay whats left of that if you were to leave early but you are not actually paying 15k up front? Can someone please explain. Also are working conditions any good there these days? How is the safety culture? PM me if needed.

Thanks.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

flyhigh008 wrote:Hello,
Just wondering if the info on 15k up front is still the case? I heard its 7500 up front but the training is whats worth 15k and you dont actually pay that up front. Of course you would pay whats left of that if you were to leave early but you are not actually paying 15k up front? Can someone please explain. Also are working conditions any good there these days? How is the safety culture? PM me if needed.

Thanks.

7500 upfront repaid over 2 years.

Return to “Employment Forum”