Plus Seats

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Plus Seats

Post by leftoftrack »

Why does WS not go with a business seat for its plus customers. Every time I walk by those small seats with the center blocked I think, glad I didn't pay more for the same seat.
---------- ADS -----------

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Plus Seats

Post by av8ts »

But there are people paying more for those seats so no need for WJ to spend any money making them better

Trevor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Trevor »

Because changing seats on a 100+ airplane fleet can run into millions of dollars, and there are other programs and projects that have higher priority right now. New seats will come, it'll just take time.

Clear skies and calm winds...

Trevor
3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 3down&loct »

Going to have to change eventually as they are looking at lie down seats on the 787. Pretty sad if you connect from an 87 with Lie down seats to a 37 with crappy Plus.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

Is it worse than connecting from a 787 to a CRJ?

Going for the deck at corner
twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

leftoftrack wrote:Why does WS not go with a business seat for its plus customers. Every time I walk by those small seats with the center blocked I think, glad I didn't pay more for the same seat.
Don't worry. You don't have to feel sorry for Westjet, or the people who are paying for the Plus seat. Most people I talk to wish there were more of them for sale, since they are almost always sold out.

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

AuxBatOn wrote:Is it worse than connecting from a 787 to a CRJ?
Knock the CRJ all you want but it has one of the best Y seat pitch in the fleet. And it's fast.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

J on an RJ isn't that bad...

I guess the difference is you aren't typically doing a 4+ hour stage in an RJ. I know there are a few exceptions, but not many...

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

altiplano wrote:
J on an RJ isn't that bad...

I guess the difference is you aren't typically doing a 4+ hour stage in an RJ. I know there are a few exceptions, but not many...
Yeah J is actually pretty decent in the 705/900. Y isn't ideal but I prefer it over the high capacity Y in the 787 or non premium economy in the 330. Now with the YVR-DFW legs you're starting to push that 4 hour mark. At least there's IFE screens.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Best thing about RJ Y seating, you're either in a window or aisle, no middle seat with passengers who think because you're in uniform you don't need arm rests. It's ridiculous, I can't even comprehend it!

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Sold out? Not on my flights. I'm always offered the $50 upgrade which I'd take if it came with the free bag. But alas it's only the seat, not all the perks

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

leftoftrack wrote:Sold out? Not on my flights. I'm always offered the $50 upgrade which I'd take if it came with the free bag. But alas it's only the seat, not all the perks
As part of the upgrade you get all the snacks, meals, beverages (wine, beer, and spirits) that is offered to the "Plus" section. :)

Realitychex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Realitychex »

Plus seats are rarely available on any flight I've taken in the last 12 months over 500 miles. That didn't used to be the case.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

How are new aircraft delivered? Same seating configuration?

Return to “WestJet”