AC in the News Again

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10

AC in the News Again

Post by 200hr Wonder »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calg ... -1.4166122

Wow it seems people are no longer able
to think for themselves. It's always someone else's fault! This is just rediculious.
---------- ADS -----------

Cheers,

200hr Wonder
mato
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: AC in the News Again

Post by mato »

I wet myself too sometimes.... but had I known I could have got a $200 voucher It would have been worth it!

Gravol
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Gravol »

200hr Wonder wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calg ... -1.4166122

Wow it seems people are no longer able
to think for themselves. It's always someone else's fault! This is just rediculious.
From top to bottom, Air Canada never ceases to amaze me.

Now, lets prepare for a verbal colonoscopy by ACs rank and file, GAF factor "0" , apologists. This of course was just another media infused coincidence. Anyone with basic common sense or decency would have been able to reason through this one.

Just another day in the life @ infallible Air Canada

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Biz class bathroom is for biz class. Simple. It's not rocket science.

single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by single_swine_herder »

Yes ..... the class system is alive and well it would appear.

Perhaps the FA in question may be well suited to being employed as a First Class FA for Great British Air .....

https://youtu.be/baid-Ua7gGg

single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Here's a quick look at the table fare to be found in any decent airline ....

https://youtu.be/3XlDUTpCIOE

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

single_swine_herder wrote:Yes ..... the class system is alive and well it would appear.

Perhaps the FA in question may be well suited to being employed as a First Class FA for Great British Air .....

Are you high?

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

With the union involved, the passenger would NEVER receive an apology from the CSA Like poor/dangerous pilots being protected by unions until the big accident !!!

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

I flew Air Canada almost 1 million mile and they never made me pee my pant.

Cobra64
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cobra64 »

I flew across the pacific twice this year with my four year old daughter and no issues at all. Go potty before the flight and at regular intervals throughout, be engaged and on top of the situation. Geesh people just check their brains with their baggage.

hangar3
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hangar3 »

Why do they always need this Gabor Lukacs' opinion? Is it his weekly column? What vlaue did it add?

mato
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mato »

I thought Gravol would chime in and lecture us how Westjet would never do this to a passenger. Guess they dont have business class so you can't really compare the two airlines.

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

Black_Tusk wrote:Biz class bathroom is for biz class. Simple. It's not rocket science.
End of thread.

:arrow:

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

In my previous airline the mandatory US security PA specifically says pax must only use "lavatories dedicated to your own class of service".

If the airline wishes to grant an econ passenger access to the premium class lavs that's their prerogative, but why the hell do so many people feel entitled to things they haven't paid for, and then demand apologies and compensation when they don't get them? A travel agent is NOT the onboard authority.

This poor, victimized grandmother admits that it was on the "second or third" time - halfway through a 5 1/2 hour flight, for god's sake - she was doing this, that the FA started enforcing a basic rule that applies in any airline (or hotel, or theatre, or cruise line, etc). You get what you pay for. Apparently this is news? An airline is a business. Fact: the J class passengers are providing nearly all of the yield that allows the Y pax to have their cheap fares. Especially in a narrowbody a/c, working one aisle with a toddler wandering around just isn't on. It's one thing in a one-off bladder emergency to help out, but if this girl needs to pee three times in a couple hours maybe she should see a doctor. And if the seats were booked to be close to a lav as stated, why not book the rear row where's there's multiple toilets, and in the class you actually purchased? This woman's just taking the piss (*cough*) because she got called on her overreaching bs. 100% behind Air Canada and the FA's in this story. If anything they've overly generous to give her a thing. Take some personal responsibility, people.

I'm assuming Gravol and single swine herder have a nice big hammer and sickle tattoo on their chests. Get a grip, comrades. You're welcome to sample the systems in Venezuela and Cuba if you think they're preferable. Although Canada is getting there pretty quick.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

The media strikes again. Minor story skewed for maximum effect. And everyone falls for it.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Black_Tusk wrote:
single_swine_herder wrote:Yes ..... the class system is alive and well it would appear.

Are you high?
Maybe you've had a sense of humour surgically removed.

And a Hammer & Sickle tattoo? If you only knew how knee-slapping funny that is. No doubt North Shore got at least a smirk out of that. I have to tune the HF radio to the "Numbers Station" to receive the 5 letter code groups and then decode them to obtain my updated mission details from my Controller.

SSH

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

complexintentions wrote:In my previous airline the mandatory US security PA specifically says pax must only use "lavatories dedicated to your own class of service".

If the airline wishes to grant an econ passenger access to the premium class lavs that's their prerogative, but why the hell do so many people feel entitled to things they haven't paid for, and then demand apologies and compensation when they don't get them? A travel agent is NOT the onboard authority.

This poor, victimized grandmother admits that it was on the "second or third" time - halfway through a 5 1/2 hour flight, for god's sake - she was doing this, that the FA started enforcing a basic rule that applies in any airline (or hotel, or theatre, or cruise line, etc). You get what you pay for. Apparently this is news? An airline is a business. Fact: the J class passengers are providing nearly all of the yield that allows the Y pax to have their cheap fares. Especially in a narrowbody a/c, working one aisle with a toddler wandering around just isn't on. It's one thing in a one-off bladder emergency to help out, but if this girl needs to pee three times in a couple hours maybe she should see a doctor. And if the seats were booked to be close to a lav as stated, why not book the rear row where's there's multiple toilets, and in the class you actually purchased? This woman's just taking the piss (*cough*) because she got called on her overreaching bs. 100% behind Air Canada and the FA's in this story. If anything they've overly generous to give her a thing. Take some personal responsibility, people.

I'm assuming Gravol and single swine herder have a nice big hammer and sickle tattoo on their chests. Get a grip, comrades. You're welcome to sample the systems in Venezuela and Cuba if you think they're preferable. Although Canada is getting there pretty quick.
Spot on. One thing I have noticed in my old age is the sense of entitlement by the 'customer" group when looking for their services. In the airline business(where I have never worked, mind you) tis the expectation of taxi cab airfares and J or business class service to accompany it. Failing that, 5 star hotel to be included with their one grand 7 day all inclusive or a Camry XLE for the price of a Corolla CE. Furthermore it isn't the much younger generation but those of my age who have this air of entitlement in my general observations.............

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

single_swine_herder wrote:
Black_Tusk wrote:

Are you high?
Maybe you've had a sense of humour surgically removed.

And a Hammer & Sickle tattoo? If you only knew how knee-slapping funny that is. No doubt North Shore got at least a smirk out of that. I have to tune the HF radio to the "Numbers Station" to receive the 5 letter code groups and then decode them to obtain my updated mission details from my Controller.

SSH
No, you're just not funny.

single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

I guess BBC comedy about airlines just isn't for you ...... some people just never get British comedy.

Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Air.Field »

One of the comments in that article.
I was on this flight... the woman and her kid were not only disturbing business class, but everyone else on the flight. They had to stop serving drinks and snack ...wait for it... 7 times due to her getting up and down repeatedly.

How long would you be willing to wait for a glass of water while an unprepared mother wastes everyone's time?

Return to “General Comments”