YYZ Courses in 2017

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

yyzhopeful
Rank 0
Rank 0

YYZ Courses in 2017

Post by yyzhopeful »

Hi guys,

I am wondering if anyone has updates regarding upcoming YYZ courses (IFR, VFR and FSS). I had my in-person interview earlier this week and still haven't heard back from NAV Canada. How long does it typically take to get a response after your final interview? Also, I was told that they are planning an IFR course in September 2017. Anyone received any calls yet? Any updates on VFR courses starting soon?

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

charlietango
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YYZ Courses in 2017

Post by charlietango »

No news yet! Hope someone posts if they get called! How did your interview go?

yyzhopeful
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yyzhopeful »

if you dont mind me asking, when was your interview? Was it at the area control centre? My interview was ok i guess, not too bad and not too good either.

thebigman111
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by thebigman111 »

yyzhopeful wrote:if you dont mind me asking, when was your interview? Was it at the area control centre? My interview was ok i guess, not too bad and not too good either.
Which parts of your interview make you say that it was not too bad and not too good?

Is the area control center the place behind the airport down that long road?

UkieFlyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by UkieFlyer »

Hey there, I had my interview last week as well, and also still waiting to hear something. I kind of felt the same way about my interview, neither hot or cold. I wonder if it's just how every stage of the process seems very secretive and ambiguous? We are really left in the dark until we see a green or red light eh!? It's been exciting to keep progressing and hopefully that keeps happening for us.

As I recall the interviewers mention that they usually send out offers of training 4-6 weeks prior to the training course starting; said most likely send out offers for this September's YYZ training mid July to early August (but sometimes last minute offers can come as well). My guess would be that we see a green or red light some time before mid July, but I am indeed only guessing based on their comments and some other posts that I've read.

Here's hoping that we move onto the next phase and enter the pool of candidates! Will keep you posted if I hear anything! Good luck!

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”