German airlines to scrap requirement for 2 people in cockpit

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: German airlines to scrap requirement for 2 people in cockpit

Post by Rockie »

I disagree that there isn't anything to mitigate against. Hundreds of families of dead people (really, look it up) would also vehemently disagree. But since you think there's nothing to mitigate against, why would you bother supporting a technical means guaranteeing pilots access?

And if you believe 30% of flight attendants have some sort of mental disorder shouldn't you be leading the charge to have them banned from the cockpit?

You're full of it altiplano. They're a risk but they're not. The measure is useless and you deny the reason for it yet you support another means of doing the same thing. This bothered you for reasons you lack the intestinal fortitude to admit. You and everybody else making up BS excuses to hide behind.

You're forgetting that I work with you guys. I listen to how you bitch about this rule day in, day out, week in, week out. Don't try and bullshit me.
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I'm full of it? At least I don't have reading and comprehension issues.

I only read the report that was posted, I didn't say I believed flight attendants are a risk, I said the opposite.

I have said over and over the risk is so small that it is practically zero. I said it's a human condition and can be equally as likely to affect pilots as observers and thus offsets any benefit that you may perceive. I said the risk is so low there is no point to put someone there to do nothing.

You on the other hand grasp at a narrative only you are on. You inaccurately attribute statements out of context.

I'll be sure to tell everyone at work I encounter moving forward what I think and you can tell me what a bitch I am.

In the mean time go learn to read @$$hole.

Impact
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Impact »

I think we can safely say that after all of Rockie's straw man arguments, false premises, ad hominem attacks, and loaded questions, he has clearly lost the debate.

When one resorts to saying that everyone is making up bullshit excuses, and that everyone is full of bullshit, the argument is over for all intents and purposes.

Rockie, try not to get too spooled up over the next three to six months while your co-workers bathe in the freedom of this new regulatory change.

Peace, out.

Ypilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ypilot »

IMG_2794.JPG
IMG_2794.JPG (35.93 KiB) Viewed 3467 times

^^^^
Rockie

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

"Bathe in the freedom from this regulatory change"

That about sums up what babies you guys have been over this. You poor dears...

It's obvious I know something you don't, and it's that this isn't a trust issue. It's about an unforeseen flaw in the system that allows someone with mental health issues to lock themselves alone in the cockpit, and there's not a damn thing those on the victim side of the door can do about it. It's not a hypothetical and don't talk about probabilities, it's already happened several times and you are delusional if you don't think it will happen again

So unlike you I recognize the need to do something to ensure access to the cockpit in those circumstances. I know it's not about me. My professional pride and masculinity wasn't wounded by the rule, and I didn't feel the need to run crying off to mommy because the bad man in Ottawa is making me ask permission to go the the washroom.

It's not about me...and believe or not it's not about you.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

and still grasping to a narrative no one else is on...

you aren't even in the same conversation as the rest of us...

I think you should take your concerns in detail to your next medical and see what the doctor says... I see a rockie-rule coming out because clearly we need to service the mental health needs of the lowest common denominator...

talk about common mental disorders... here they are...

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

I'm on the narrative of pilots getting locked out of the cockpit. After six pages what did you think I was talking about?
altiplano wrote:I think you should take your concerns in detail to your next medical and see what the doctor says...
I told you I already did and the doctor admitted they could neither determine if I was telling the truth when they asked me if I was "ok", or guarantee I wouldn't suffer a breakdown before our next chat.

So much for Canada's mitigating strategy....

And your reading comprehension skills...

Impact
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Impact »

Rockie, don't let your ego get the best of you.

For everyone's sake, but mostly your own, let it go.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

I peed all by myself yesterday.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Impact wrote:Rockie, don't let your ego get the best of you.
Is this relevant somehow or just an insult?

The threats have unquestionably evolved since the door was brought in after 9/11, and in fact the door has been proven to facilitate some threats. We can no longer afford to think of the threat being only on the cabin side. Does anybody disagree with that?

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

Rockie wrote:

The threats have unquestionably evolved since the door was brought in after 9/11, and in fact the door has been proven to facilitate some threats. We can no longer afford to think of the threat being only on the cabin side. Does anybody disagree with that?
Jesus H! Let it go already. Nobody cares anymore, don't you get it? I understand this is the only way you can meet girls so it's a big deal to you but for crying out loud, give it up! Join Match.com. :roll:

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

True North wrote:
Rockie wrote:

Jesus H! Let it go already. Nobody cares anymore, don't you get it? I understand this is the only way you can meet girls so it's a big deal to you but for crying out loud, give it up! Join Match.com. :roll:
You have the option of not participating. Feel free.

This is a question that surprisingly given the history nobody is taking seriously. Literally, not figuratively, literally hundreds of people have been mercilessly killed by pilots locking themselves into the cockpit and flying the aircraft into the ground. It concerns me because nothing seriously is being done about it. You're all too worked up about flight attendants holding your pecker while you piss. Or something like that...

Why is that? Seriously.

Why does that bother you?

Help me understand why that bothers you so f**king much because it doesn't bother me at all. I don't get why you guys hate this so much. Why do you feel threatened by it? Is it that your authority on the aircraft is diminished? You feel the flight attendants won't respect you as much? Is it the inconvenience of having to call back?

You say I'm wrong, so enlighten me...

Let's talk about exactly why this bother you and debate the facts.

Last edited by Rockie on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

You just don't get it Rockie.

Speaking for myself, the reason you say I am against it is wrong.

You can now go on and change the subject and say "no it's this, or that, your fragile ego, you're a hypocrite, etc, etc."

And that's what I mean by the narrative you are on. You haven't taken the time to wrap your head around any idea but yours, and why you think other people may be against it. You put it and shape it into a box that suits what you want to argue. Best of luck.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

altiplano wrote:Speaking for myself, the reason you say I am against it is wrong.
Then tell me why you're right. Let's leave the insults aside and have a grown up discussion about why you're against it. If I ask why you apply that reasoning to bathroom breaks but nothing else you should have a reasonable answer right? I'm only looking for consistency here. I'm looking for an answer why what applied during that rule didn't apply before, and doesn't apply now. A reasonable question...

So explain it for me altiplano...

Show me why it's not effective. Show me why flight attendants in the cockpit for bathroom breaks are an unnecessary risk, but not for anything else.

If you can prove that I'll agree with you.

Alternatively you could just admit that you hate the rule because...well...just because...and we can start that discussion too. I'd welcome that discussion as long as it's honest. I truly think that would be the most beneficial discussion of them all because it would be based on reality, not made up rationale. Then we might get somewhere and find a solution that actual accomplishes something.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

seriously?

You see what I mean?

I have said over and over that flight attendants aren't a risk. And here you go with it again.

I'm not going to repeat everything I wrote in the past couple days...

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Pay attention altiplano, I said more than that. Read it all before answering.

Try again.

Edit: Actually don't bother, I'm finally tired of this.

This isn't the first time I've tried and failed to get our pilot group to pull their heads out of their asses and have a grown up discussion about something they would have to deal with eventually. Last time our collective ignorance didn't have such potentially deadly consequences though. It is very discouraging.

My last post on this thread.

mantogasrsrwy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mantogasrsrwy »

Right on Rockie, you got the last word......oh $hit.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Rockie wrote:
This isn't the first time I've tried and failed to get our pilot group to pull their heads out of their asses and have a grown up discussion about something they would have to deal with eventually. Last time our collective ignorance didn't have such potentially deadly consequences though. It is very discouraging.
Jeezuz what grandiose self-importance. I wonder what other issues everyone but Rockie is wrong about? How the hell DOES the industry carry on without his infinite wisdom and insight?

The whole job is risk mitigation. The level of risk posed by suicicdal pilots has been deemed to be at a level not worthy of the measures that were awkwardly jammed in place as a knee-jerk to Germanwings. So it's been adjusted. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just that it isn't worth the whole lot of hand-wringing Rockie is engaging in. Sorry Rockie, you AREN'T always the smartest man in the room.

I will say, if he truly did say what he did to a CAME I'm surprised he was granted a medical. Talk about red flags. When I renewed mine, the doc asked how I'd been. I joked, "Oh, a little older, a little wiser, a little sadder." He groaned and said "Please, don't even joke like that..."

Yet here's a guy asking if the doc could know if he was lying or not? Or if the doc could detect a mental breakdown before his next medical?

And he got his medical renewed? Wow. That IS a failure of the screening process.
My last post on this thread.
Sure, sure.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

I peed AGAIN today without permission.

Impact
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Impact »

It's not my intention to extend a thread that has already suffered a slow and arduous death by a thousand cuts, but it's worth noting that 6 pages of circular argument is the result of one person thinking they have the only answer. An ego and arrogance run amok, I'd say.

It's also worth noting that narcissistic tendencies were detected in Andreas Lubitz. It would seem that he is not the only pilot suffering from such an affliction.

Just sayin'.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”