Jazz Reqiurements?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Jazz Reqiurements?

Post by av8ts »

Maybe the number of vacation days but definitely not vacation bidding
---------- ADS -----------

Pt6-42
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pt6-42 »

How much time are guys getting interviews at these days

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Pt6-42 wrote:How much time are guys getting interviews at these days
Everybody seems to "know a guy" who gets on at Jazz with insanely low time. The fact is, I've worked there for awhile and haven't seen anyone awarded an interview with less than about 1,500 hours unless they were in the college program. While we are pretty hurting for pilots, the standards can't go out the window simply because of the laws of supply and demand. At least not yet...

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

I personally know a pilot that was hired in Nov that had 900-1000TT. She was flying 703 prior.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

A former coworker was hired last Feb at 1400 hours. I was hired with under 1500 in the fall, and I know a number of people hired right at the 1500 mark but interviewed before. It happens, and it's happening more often these days than it did before.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

PostmasterGeneral wrote:
Pt6-42 wrote:How much time are guys getting interviews at these days
Everybody seems to "know a guy" who gets on at Jazz with insanely low time. The fact is, I've worked there for awhile and haven't seen anyone awarded an interview with less than about 1,500 hours unless they were in the college program. While we are pretty hurting for pilots, the standards can't go out the window simply because of the laws of supply and demand. At least not yet...
I wouldn't equate more hours to better skills or standard. It may be an indication of potential but certainly not of competency.

Going for the deck at corner
KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

I agree, however, more hours (hopefully) means more "Experiences" and experience in general. From what I've seen and heard the junior and low time people have great skills and book/AC knowledge.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

KenoraPilot wrote:I agree, however, more hours (hopefully) means more "Experiences" and experience in general. From what I've seen and heard the junior and low time people have great skills and book/AC knowledge.
Then there are different types of experiences. 1500 times the same hour or 1500 different hours.

Going for the deck at corner
47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

Heard from a realiable source that the minimums will be dropping to 1000 TT and 250 multi in the next couple months. Planning on hiring 250+ pilots between now and the end of 2017.

Maple_30
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maple_30 »

47north wrote: Planning on hiring 250+ pilots between now and the end of 2017.
These numbers are pretty impressive. Should we expect the same numbers for next year?

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

Maple_30 wrote:
47north wrote: Planning on hiring 250+ pilots between now and the end of 2017.
These numbers are pretty impressive. Should we expect the same numbers for next year?
It apparently is not going to stop for a while. With the new duty time regulations and ongoing attrition to AC and elsewhere, there is supposed to be at least one class a month indefinitely. More like two a month for the rest of the year.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

So that covers 2017, anyone with an educated guess as to how does the hiring situation look further out in 2018 and beyond at Jazz ?

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

No one has a crystal ball that looks that far forward.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

All I know is what I've heard from my buddies at AC. Last bid they had had 330 vacancies on it. They are planning 400-600 retirements over the next 5-10years (he said average 100 a year starting around 2020) so you can extrapolate from that. So as long as AC likes it's PMA agreement system I would figure Jazz and the other tier 2 carriers would continue to be feeders. Maybe not at this insane level but who knows....I doubt even the crystal ball would get this one right. This also doesn't account for A/C expansion if that happens. (My 2 cents)

Canada340
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Canada340 »

dhc# wrote:So that covers 2017, anyone with an educated guess as to how does the hiring situation look further out in 2018 and beyond at Jazz ?
I ran into the guy who did my jazz interview in 2016 on the crew bus the other day. He says they've been running off their feet with interviews and have been told to expect it to continue at this pace for at least another 5 years..

So I would say 2018 and beyond will be very strong with new hires

AviatPsy03
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AviatPsy03 »

I was at a ground school last year and one of my colleague didn't do a whole year and he was hired by Jazz based in Montreal on RJ. I am myself building my hours towards the ATPL but in fact, in my opinion since I am concerned and as I read through all of you on this post, low timers (500-1000 hours) have sometime the drive, the motivation to work hard on a ground school or a simulation evaluation, better than a person that has a lot of flight time. I work at an airliner simulator and the only thing I've notice is that personality matters sometimes and is quit important. I " flew " with experienced ATR and BAE pilots and the only thing I could say is that I've seen an ILS on any sides possible on this earth, I let you deduce what I meant on that. The flight time is one thing but the person makes the difference and if you find my thoughts a little bit displaced, I would guide you through scientific researches that proove those toughts, it is a fact and experience shouldn't be based only on flight time but also on the person himself. Have you ever heard " he has 250 hours but he flies like he would have 500 "? It is a very very good opportunity to work with 1000 hours at Jazz and we will see in a couple of years what will happen!

- "Oh I can't wait to get my CPL..."
- "Oh I can't wait to get that first job..."
- "Oh I can't wait to go right seat on a turbine..."
- "Oh I can't wait to go left seat on that turbine to get that multi PIC..."

I've read a book called Attitude 80 and appreciation is key. Everyone behaves differently, if you likes your job, you won't find your job as a chore. I disagree this comment, especially when you're passionate by your job, it is normal.

Safe flights to everyone.

BE10_Driver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BE10_Driver »

When I first read this thread I thought my application at Jazz was useless with only 800TT, but here I am 1 month later with a job offer and a groundschool date in July.

If you really want the job, just keep applying and they'll call eventually.

Last edited by BE10_Driver on Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AviatPsy03
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AviatPsy03 »

BE10_Driver wrote:When I first read this thread I thought my application at Jazz was useless with only 800TT, but here I am 1 month later with a job offer and a groundschool date in July.

If you really want the job, just keep applying and they'll call eventually.

Congratulations seriously. I don't know you but I am very happy for you and proud for you! I'll maybe see you there in a couple of months, who knows? Work hard and be disciplined.

LL.

xcain23x
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by xcain23x »

jane wrote:Hi everyone,

I have about 1400hrs with 460hrs of multi time (Prop driven) and currently working towards my AAs. I only have a valid IATRA as of now and no degree/diploma. No commercial experience either. What are the chances of Jazz considering someone these days with my kind of experience??

Any info/guidance on this would be awesome. Thanks!

In today's aviation situation, smaller companies would have swooped in to hire someone of your experience. have you applied with any of them? or are you ignoring those steps and get directly into jazz?

hmm.... you must be real picky..

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

xcain23x wrote:
jane wrote:Hi everyone,

I have about 1400hrs with 460hrs of multi time (Prop driven) and currently working towards my AAs. I only have a valid IATRA as of now and no degree/diploma. No commercial experience either. What are the chances of Jazz considering someone these days with my kind of experience??

Any info/guidance on this would be awesome. Thanks!

In today's aviation situation, smaller companies would have swooped in to hire someone of your experience. have you applied with any of them? or are you ignoring those steps and get directly into jazz?

hmm.... you must be real picky..
I would apply. With your time, they will look at you.

PM me if you have any questions

Flyer

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”