AVCANADA

It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:28 pm

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:22 am 
Offline
Rank 10
Rank 10

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:24 pm
Posts: 2410
and still grasping to a narrative no one else is on...

you aren't even in the same conversation as the rest of us...

I think you should take your concerns in detail to your next medical and see what the doctor says... I see a rockie-rule coming out because clearly we need to service the mental health needs of the lowest common denominator...

talk about common mental disorders... here they are...



Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:28 am 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7247
I'm on the narrative of pilots getting locked out of the cockpit. After six pages what did you think I was talking about?

altiplano wrote:
I think you should take your concerns in detail to your next medical and see what the doctor says...


I told you I already did and the doctor admitted they could neither determine if I was telling the truth when they asked me if I was "ok", or guarantee I wouldn't suffer a breakdown before our next chat.

So much for Canada's mitigating strategy....

And your reading comprehension skills...



Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:15 am 
Offline
Rank 2
Rank 2

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:28 am
Posts: 61
Rockie, don't let your ego get the best of you.

For everyone's sake, but mostly your own, let it go.



Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:53 am 
Offline
Rank 10
Rank 10

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:18 am
Posts: 2571
I peed all by myself yesterday.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7247
Impact wrote:
Rockie, don't let your ego get the best of you.


Is this relevant somehow or just an insult?

The threats have unquestionably evolved since the door was brought in after 9/11, and in fact the door has been proven to facilitate some threats. We can no longer afford to think of the threat being only on the cabin side. Does anybody disagree with that?



Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:15 pm 
Offline
Rank 6
Rank 6

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 448
Rockie wrote:
Impact wrote:
Rockie, don't let your ego get the best of you.


Is this relevant somehow or just an insult?

The threats have unquestionably evolved since the door was brought in after 9/11, and in fact the door has been proven to facilitate some threats. We can no longer afford to think of the threat being only on the cabin side. Does anybody disagree with that?

Jesus H! Let it go already. Nobody cares anymore, don't you get it? I understand this is the only way you can meet girls so it's a big deal to you but for crying out loud, give it up! Join Match.com. :roll:



Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:27 pm 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7247
True North wrote:
Rockie wrote:
Impact wrote:
Rockie, don't let your ego get the best of you.


Is this relevant somehow or just an insult?

The threats have unquestionably evolved since the door was brought in after 9/11, and in fact the door has been proven to facilitate some threats. We can no longer afford to think of the threat being only on the cabin side. Does anybody disagree with that?

Jesus H! Let it go already. Nobody cares anymore, don't you get it? I understand this is the only way you can meet girls so it's a big deal to you but for crying out loud, give it up! Join Match.com. :roll:


You have the option of not participating. Feel free.

This is a question that surprisingly given the history nobody is taking seriously. Literally, not figuratively, literally hundreds of people have been mercilessly killed by pilots locking themselves into the cockpit and flying the aircraft into the ground. It concerns me because nothing seriously is being done about it. You're all too worked up about flight attendants holding your pecker while you piss. Or something like that...

Why is that? Seriously.

Why does that bother you?

Help me understand why that bothers you so f**king much because it doesn't bother me at all. I don't get why you guys hate this so much. Why do you feel threatened by it? Is it that your authority on the aircraft is diminished? You feel the flight attendants won't respect you as much? Is it the inconvenience of having to call back?

You say I'm wrong, so enlighten me...

Let's talk about exactly why this bother you and debate the facts.



Last edited by Rockie on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline
Rank 10
Rank 10

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:24 pm
Posts: 2410
You just don't get it Rockie.

Speaking for myself, the reason you say I am against it is wrong.

You can now go on and change the subject and say "no it's this, or that, your fragile ego, you're a hypocrite, etc, etc."

And that's what I mean by the narrative you are on. You haven't taken the time to wrap your head around any idea but yours, and why you think other people may be against it. You put it and shape it into a box that suits what you want to argue. Best of luck.



Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7247
altiplano wrote:
Speaking for myself, the reason you say I am against it is wrong.


Then tell me why you're right. Let's leave the insults aside and have a grown up discussion about why you're against it. If I ask why you apply that reasoning to bathroom breaks but nothing else you should have a reasonable answer right? I'm only looking for consistency here. I'm looking for an answer why what applied during that rule didn't apply before, and doesn't apply now. A reasonable question...

So explain it for me altiplano...

Show me why it's not effective. Show me why flight attendants in the cockpit for bathroom breaks are an unnecessary risk, but not for anything else.

If you can prove that I'll agree with you.

Alternatively you could just admit that you hate the rule because...well...just because...and we can start that discussion too. I'd welcome that discussion as long as it's honest. I truly think that would be the most beneficial discussion of them all because it would be based on reality, not made up rationale. Then we might get somewhere and find a solution that actual accomplishes something.



Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline
Rank 10
Rank 10

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:24 pm
Posts: 2410
seriously?

You see what I mean?

I have said over and over that flight attendants aren't a risk. And here you go with it again.

I'm not going to repeat everything I wrote in the past couple days...



Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:01 pm 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7247
Pay attention altiplano, I said more than that. Read it all before answering.

Try again.

Edit: Actually don't bother, I'm finally tired of this.

This isn't the first time I've tried and failed to get our pilot group to pull their heads out of their asses and have a grown up discussion about something they would have to deal with eventually. Last time our collective ignorance didn't have such potentially deadly consequences though. It is very discouraging.

My last post on this thread.



Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
Rank 4
Rank 4
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:07 pm
Posts: 251
Location: The good side of the tracks
Right on Rockie, you got the last word......oh $hit.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 pm
Posts: 1713
Location: of my pants is unknown.
Rockie wrote:

This isn't the first time I've tried and failed to get our pilot group to pull their heads out of their asses and have a grown up discussion about something they would have to deal with eventually. Last time our collective ignorance didn't have such potentially deadly consequences though. It is very discouraging.



Jeezuz what grandiose self-importance. I wonder what other issues everyone but Rockie is wrong about? How the hell DOES the industry carry on without his infinite wisdom and insight?

The whole job is risk mitigation. The level of risk posed by suicicdal pilots has been deemed to be at a level not worthy of the measures that were awkwardly jammed in place as a knee-jerk to Germanwings. So it's been adjusted. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just that it isn't worth the whole lot of hand-wringing Rockie is engaging in. Sorry Rockie, you AREN'T always the smartest man in the room.

I will say, if he truly did say what he did to a CAME I'm surprised he was granted a medical. Talk about red flags. When I renewed mine, the doc asked how I'd been. I joked, "Oh, a little older, a little wiser, a little sadder." He groaned and said "Please, don't even joke like that..."

Yet here's a guy asking if the doc could know if he was lying or not? Or if the doc could detect a mental breakdown before his next medical?

And he got his medical renewed? Wow. That IS a failure of the screening process.

Quote:
My last post on this thread.


Sure, sure.


_________________
I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:15 am 
Offline
Rank 10
Rank 10

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:18 am
Posts: 2571
I peed AGAIN today without permission.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:47 pm 
Offline
Rank 2
Rank 2

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:28 am
Posts: 61
It's not my intention to extend a thread that has already suffered a slow and arduous death by a thousand cuts, but it's worth noting that 6 pages of circular argument is the result of one person thinking they have the only answer. An ego and arrogance run amok, I'd say.

It's also worth noting that narcissistic tendencies were detected in Andreas Lubitz. It would seem that he is not the only pilot suffering from such an affliction.

Just sayin'.



Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
Rank 4
Rank 4
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:07 pm
Posts: 251
Location: The good side of the tracks
Good point. Maybe Rockie is arguing for a flight attendant in the cockpit because he's worried about himself.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crj_705, DanJ, FL-280, flythatwing, Ki-ll, P180, pilotbzh and 44 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off ]

For questions/comments please send them to
avcanada@gmail.com


AvCanada Topsites List
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. If you feel a topic or post is inappropriate email us at avcanada@gmail.com .  By reading these forums you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable. This website is not responsible or liable in any way for any false or misleading messages or job ads placed at our site. 

Use AvCanada's information at your own risk!

We reserve the right to remove any messages that we deem unacceptable.
When you post a message, your IP is logged and may be provided to concerned parties where unethical or illegal behavior is apparent. All rights reserved.