Video Interview

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Flyguy13
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Video Interview

Post by Flyguy13 »

BE10_Driver wrote:
Pt6-42 wrote:Just did my video interview today, how long do they take to either pfo you or move on to sim?
Same here, completed the process last May/June, got a call 2 days after the video interview for a sim appointment and to start the reference check. 3 days after the sim I got a job offer.

They always say it could take up to 2-3 weeks for a call back but they seem to be quick these days.
How long did it take to get the sim booked when they called you back?
---------- ADS -----------

BE10_Driver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BE10_Driver »

Flyguy13 wrote:How long did it take to get the sim booked when they called you back?
Interview on a Monday, called back on Wednesday, sim booked for the next Monday. I could have done it even earlier if I was available.

Flyguy13
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyguy13 »

BE10_Driver wrote:
Flyguy13 wrote:How long did it take to get the sim booked when they called you back?
Interview on a Monday, called back on Wednesday, sim booked for the next Monday. I could have done it even earlier if I was available.
Thanks
Do you mind saying where you did the sim?

BE10_Driver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BE10_Driver »

Flyguy13 wrote:Thanks
I did it at YUL

Flyguy13
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyguy13 »

BE10_Driver wrote:
Flyguy13 wrote:Thanks
I did it at YUL

Thanks for the info.

Pt6-42
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pt6-42 »

So if no word after 3-4 days pfo is coming?

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Just sit tight. No news is usually good news.

The recruiters are trying to expedite the process lately. These days, people are going to the first regional that calls. We can't take 3 weeks to process an application any more.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
RNAV30
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RNAV30 »

Mike1985 wrote:
RNAV30 wrote:
Pt6-42 wrote:Just did my video interview today, how long do they take to either pfo you or move on to sim?
Had my medical the next day (booked at same time as interview). Got the sim call the day after the medical.

Got the groundschool call 2 days after sim.
I have my sim coming up soon. Do you have an in person interview before sim? For the sim evaluation they use dash or rj?

No in person interview. They do just the Webcam/Phone interview. My sim was in YYZ at Seneca using a King Air 200 Sim. NO GPS/FMS. They will give you a routing and a sheet with power settings and some generic call outs they want to hear. You get 45 min to study then into the sim.

RNAV30
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RNAV30 »

Flyguy13 wrote:
RNAV30 wrote:
Had my medical the next day (booked at same time as interview). Got the sim call the day after the medical.

Was this recently?

Yes, beginning of June

Mike1985
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mike1985 »

RNAV30 wrote:
Mike1985 wrote:
RNAV30 wrote:

I have my sim coming up soon. Do you have an in person interview before sim? For the sim evaluation they use dash or rj?

No in person interview. They do just the Webcam/Phone interview. My sim was in YYZ at Seneca using a King Air 200 Sim. NO GPS/FMS. They will give you a routing and a sheet with power settings and some generic call outs they want to hear. You get 45 min to study then into the sim.
Hi. I am scheduled for a sim evaluation in YYZ. So all the enroute navigation, holds and approaches are non GPS (VORs, NDBs, ILSs)?

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Correct.

RNAV30
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RNAV30 »

Mike1985 wrote:
RNAV30 wrote:
Mike1985 wrote:

Hi. I am scheduled for a sim evaluation in YYZ. So all the enroute navigation, holds and approaches are non GPS (VORs, NDBs, ILSs)?
Affirmative.

My routing was a SID, Direct to NDB and Hold. The remainder was Vectors to the approaches.

Mike1985
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mike1985 »

Thanks guys. Also I don't have any turbine experience, so should I get acquainted with power lever, condition lever, engine settings and other things related to turbine operations for sim evaluation?

Rupert_Pupkin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rupert_Pupkin »

Mike1985 wrote:Thanks guys. Also I don't have any turbine experience, so should I get acquainted with power lever, condition lever, engine settings and other things related to turbine operations for sim evaluation?
Nah just giver

scrat1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scrat1 »

To whom it may concern,

hi everyone, I hope all is well with my fellow aviation co-workers and enthusiasts!!!!!!

I've got a question to ask you all, and I hope i can get some clarification in here, I am a Canadian that flies in another country (not the USA) and i have never done a NDB since the country where I live and work there isn't any NDB many years now, my question is about the Jazz SIM EVAL. The SIM eval. is to check the persons ability to work under pressure under a two crew plane, check how the individual reacts with its CRM which in fact is extremely important now a days, OR is to check the individual ability to actually see if the person knows how to fly an airplane, lets say me I have NEVER done an NDB hold, NDB approach in this case would I fail the SIM Evaluation? OR what they would like to see is how I interact as pilot inside the box?

thank you and I am sorry for my silly question,

P.S. please feel free to P.M me

thank you and SAFE FLIGHT to everyone.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Might not be a bad idea then to go do some sim sessions at a flight school and focus on NDBs.

I personally didn't get anything NDB related on my eval. It was all LOC based.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”