Yow commuters

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Winterfell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Yow commuters

Post by Winterfell »

Hey guys, just wondering how difficult it is to commute from Ottawa? Can you bid yow overnights? I'm thinking of coming over but not willing to move at this point.
---------- ADS -----------

Monorail Conductor
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Yow commuters

Post by Monorail Conductor »

(Speaking quite generally here)

I havent seen any yow overnights on the sched for yyz dash in a few months, nor have i seen any pairings that start or end with a deadhead to yow in a while either. The sched is always changing however and they have been on the pairings in the past.

I know the Q in yul sees quite a few yow overnights, unsure of the yyz q or the crj. But like i said, the sched of what we bid on changes quite a bit.

Also take into account the two hour calloout on reserve (doable from yow to yul?) And the two flight rule in the commuting policy, and how much frequency there is between AC wj and porter (quite a bit). I wouldnt wanna commute, but YOW doesnt look awful relatively speaking

Winterfell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Winterfell »

Thanks for the insight. How much reserve can one expect per month? Is it a mixed block?

goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goleafsgo »

Winterfell wrote:Thanks for the insight. How much reserve can one expect per month? Is it a mixed block?
Depends on your seniority. In the past guys were doing a few months of reserve at the start but with the amount of hiring now it's not the case. I'm on the classic in yul and have only done 4 days of reserve ever. The CRJ does a lot of yow overnights but I don't think there's any pairing that start of end with a dh there

cloudskimmer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cloudskimmer »

I don't commute so I'm not sure how difficult it is but Air Canada has a flight almost every hour between YYZ and YOW. There's also reciprocal jumpseat agreements with WJ and Porter.

There are YOW layovers for the Q400 YUL & YYZ and CRJ. How often you could get them each month, I'm not sure. But if you bid for them I'm sure you could get some.

snowcone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by snowcone »

Commuting out of YOW is getting harder and harder as the loads keep increasing and the number of commuters do as well.

With the EMB doing the rapid airs this summer it is especially difficult.

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

If I was living in YOW and based in YUL. I would just drive that, not worth the hassle and stress of standby for such a short distance.
And time wise, I'm sure it comes to about the same.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”