New Zealand Dash Ad

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Message
Author
User avatar
'97 Tercel
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:19 pm

New Zealand Dash Ad

#1 Post by '97 Tercel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:24 pm

I thought this was kinda funny.....
The highlights include the following:

• Permanent contract – no contract term giving pilots much needed job security
• Month Salary Varies between NZD $7,4220 -$8,583
• Bases: Auckland or Napier
8 days off a month
• Layover and meal allowances included
• Career progression opportunity to the A320
• Long-term, stable assignment with a world renowned and financially strong airline
• Retirement / pension scheme with bonus opportunities
• Non-type rated pilots can apply and fly Dash 8 Q300
• Jetstar will arrange all work permit and visas for you and your family to settle in New Zealand
• Attractive relocation package offered
• The cultural, lifestyle, and travel opportunities are plentiful!
Wow, 8 days off a month!! That really IS a "highlight"!!
---------- ADS -----------

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:57 am

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#2 Post by Black_Tusk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:48 pm

But you get to spend it in NEW ZEALAND!!!

/s
---------- ADS -----------

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:12 pm

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#3 Post by Kosiw » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Roughly 90k/yr with the opportunity to move up to their mainline fleet...wonder what the cost of living is like down there ?? Might be not a bad gig considering the wawcon at the regionals here...or compare it to what Maldivian Airlines is offering for Dash 8 cpts :vom:
---------- ADS -----------
Gravity always wins

User avatar
PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am
Location: North of the Warmth

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#4 Post by PointyEngine » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Kosiw wrote:Roughly 90k/yr with the opportunity to move up to their mainline fleet...wonder what the cost of living is like down there ?? Might be not a bad gig considering the wawcon at the regionals here...or compare it to what Maldivian Airlines is offering for Dash 8 cpts :vom:
On par with Canada. Likewise if you were in Auckland be similar to YVR or YYZ. This mob have lots of smaller bases around the country in smaller, much more affordable locations like Napier and Nelson.
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:14 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#5 Post by chipmunk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:02 pm

8 days off a month is due to their flight/duty time regs, assuming they're similar to Australia's. QantasLink Dash pilots also only get 8 days off a month, as their rest rules make it impossible to get the min credit in less days than that.
---------- ADS -----------

dhc#
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 7:38 am

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#6 Post by dhc# » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Anyone know if/when QantasLink will do another recruiting drive this side of the equator ??
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
'97 Tercel
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#7 Post by '97 Tercel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:39 pm

chipmunk wrote:8 days off a month is due to their flight/duty time regs, assuming they're similar to Australia's. QantasLink Dash pilots also only get 8 days off a month, as their rest rules make it impossible to get the min credit in less days than that.

Kinda like what's going to happen here soon! :rolleyes:
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am
Location: North of the Warmth

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#8 Post by PointyEngine » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:41 pm

chipmunk wrote:8 days off a month is due to their flight/duty time regs, assuming they're similar to Australia's. QantasLink Dash pilots also only get 8 days off a month, as their rest rules make it impossible to get the min credit in less days than that.
Apparently those guys are getting 10/11 days off a month at the moment.
---------- ADS -----------

garfield
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#9 Post by garfield » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:00 am

8 days off a month? GO TO HELL!
---------- ADS -----------

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:57 am

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#10 Post by Black_Tusk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:52 am

PointyEngine wrote:
chipmunk wrote:8 days off a month is due to their flight/duty time regs, assuming they're similar to Australia's. QantasLink Dash pilots also only get 8 days off a month, as their rest rules make it impossible to get the min credit in less days than that.
Apparently those guys are getting 10/11 days off a month at the moment.
I got 15 this month and 16 next month while blocking 89 hours. At a "shitty" regional.... according to AvCanada.
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am
Location: North of the Warmth

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#11 Post by PointyEngine » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:07 pm

Black_Tusk wrote:
PointyEngine wrote:
chipmunk wrote:8 days off a month is due to their flight/duty time regs, assuming they're similar to Australia's. QantasLink Dash pilots also only get 8 days off a month, as their rest rules make it impossible to get the min credit in less days than that.
Apparently those guys are getting 10/11 days off a month at the moment.
I got 15 this month and 16 next month while blocking 89 hours. At a "shitty" regional.... according to AvCanada.
:lol: Shhhh. Keep supply low and conditions like they are!!!
---------- ADS -----------

Pilot0008
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#12 Post by Pilot0008 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:20 am

Hello, I am dash driver in yyc and was wondering if anyone knows what the process is like in regards to visa and job application. Which goes first as far as best chances of being successful?
---------- ADS -----------

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1202
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 pm
Location: The Gulag Archipelago

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#13 Post by Illya Kuryakin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:44 pm

garfield wrote:8 days off a month? GO TO HELL!
Spoken like somebody who expects a medal for coming in 47th.
Illya
---------- ADS -----------
Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:57 am

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#14 Post by Black_Tusk » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Illya Kuryakin wrote:
garfield wrote:8 days off a month? GO TO HELL!
Spoken like somebody who expects a medal for coming in 47th.
Illya

Wait. I'm confused... first it's the millennials to blame for taking jobs like the one at Jazz with lowered WAWCON and now because someone says they wouldn't take a job with only 8 days off a month that makes them entitled? This site never ceases to amaze me. So what is it? Fight for better working conditions or take what you get?
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:26 am

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#15 Post by digits_ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:23 pm

Black_Tusk wrote:
Illya Kuryakin wrote:
garfield wrote:8 days off a month? GO TO HELL!
Spoken like somebody who expects a medal for coming in 47th.
Illya

Wait. I'm confused... first it's the millennials to blame for taking jobs like the one at Jazz with lowered WAWCON and now because someone says they wouldn't take a job with only 8 days off a month that makes them entitled? This site never ceases to amaze me. So what is it? Fight for better working conditions or take what you get?
:smt040
---------- ADS -----------

garfield
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#16 Post by garfield » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:37 am

Well, If Illya is happy with one day off a month, very good for him!
---------- ADS -----------

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1202
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 pm
Location: The Gulag Archipelago

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#17 Post by Illya Kuryakin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:49 pm

garfield wrote:Well, If Illya is happy with one day off a month, very good for him!
Pretty sure they mention 8.
Illya
---------- ADS -----------
Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:12 pm

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#18 Post by Kosiw » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:48 am

Did the head hunter outfit recruiting for (I assume Jetstar NZ) recently put out an ad for screenings this September in Vancouver ? Is there a pilot shortage down under or a "pay" shortage like here ?
---------- ADS -----------
Gravity always wins

intake
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#19 Post by intake » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 am

Is there much interest in this??
---------- ADS -----------

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:50 am

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#20 Post by Jimmy2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:48 am

Not really interested. There are much more lucrative contracts if you want to go overseas. New Zealand is nice, I'm sure, but so is Canada. Most Dash pilots willing to go work abroad would be better off sticking around until they upgrade to a jet and then use that experience to make some serious money. A lot of foreign contracts like this one that promise career advancement onto their jet fleet are just lip service.
---------- ADS -----------

lownslow
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:56 am

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#21 Post by lownslow » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:40 am

Don't people in normal jobs get 8 days off a month?
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
Inverted2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1882
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:46 am
Location: Ontario

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#22 Post by Inverted2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 pm

lownslow wrote:Don't people in normal jobs get 8 days off a month?
Yes. People with 9-5 Mon-Fri hours. They get to be home every night. If you have 8 days off with layovers you won't be home much.
---------- ADS -----------

atphat
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#23 Post by atphat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Inverted2 wrote:
lownslow wrote:Don't people in normal jobs get 8 days off a month?
Yes. People with 9-5 Mon-Fri hours. They get to be home every night. If you have 8 days off with layovers you won't be home much.
Are there really pilots out there confused by this?
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am
Location: North of the Warmth

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#24 Post by PointyEngine » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:19 pm

atphat wrote:
Inverted2 wrote:
lownslow wrote:Don't people in normal jobs get 8 days off a month?
Yes. People with 9-5 Mon-Fri hours. They get to be home every night. If you have 8 days off with layovers you won't be home much.
Are there really pilots out there confused by this?

Apparently...

That's the worst case scenario. In reality those guys are home most nights, usually away for only a single night in a TOD and get a lot more days at home on reserve.
---------- ADS -----------

lownslow
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:56 am

Re: New Zealand Dash Ad

#25 Post by lownslow » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:05 am

Inverted2 wrote:
lownslow wrote:Don't people in normal jobs get 8 days off a month?
Yes. People with 9-5 Mon-Fri hours. They get to be home every night. If you have 8 days off with layovers you won't be home much.
But that's my point, maybe this gig has you back in time for dinner every day. NZ isn't a big country, it's like a thousand miles from end to end and isolated enough that a Dash 8 has to be all domestic flying, right?

Best flying job I ever had gave me 8 days off a month but the days on were half days. Done by lunch then straight to the beach!
---------- ADS -----------

Post Reply

Return to “Employment Forum”