AVCANADA

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:09 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: The old switch...?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 am 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Anyone ever been booked on Air Canada Mainline, then had their flight switched to Rouge...?

Flying YUL-FCO & would be very pissed if this were to happen...

Post subject: Re: The old switch...?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:47 am 
Rank 7
Rank 7

I can tell you that is a mainline A330 route as of right now. Not sure when you are traveling, but I can almost guarantee you 100%, that you will not be switched to a Rouge flight if you are going anytime soon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:26 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Not intending to stir the pot but is Rouge all that bad. I have never flown them not that I wouldn't but my AC trips just happened to coincide with Mainline. My daughter, SIL and better half did trips with them to San Diego, Las Vagas and I believe there was south trip tossed in there few yrs ago. I did ask them what they thought and response was mostly positive, service good, departure on time, got us there safely, baggage wasn't lost scenario type of commentary, dare I say typical for those not into aviation. Outside of family I haven't heard much either way from friends acquaintances on Rouge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:27 am 
Rank 7
Rank 7

Old fella wrote:
Not intending to stir the pot but is Rouge all that bad. I have never flown them not that I wouldn't but my AC trips just happened to coincide with Mainline. My daughter, SIL and better half did trips with them to San Diego, Las Vagas and I believe there was south trip tossed in there few yrs ago. I did ask them what they thought and response was mostly positive, service good, departure on time, got us there safely, baggage wasn't lost scenario type of commentary, dare I say typical for those not into aviation. Outside of family I haven't heard much either way from friends acquaintances on Rouge.

The only negative feedback I have heard about Rouge is the lack if IFE. I haven't flown on them, is this the case in all of their aircraft?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:38 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Bring your own ipad (or smart phone even) and down load the Air Canada app. Lots of free movies. If you don't have one, rent an ipad for $10 with even more movies than the app gives you.
That's hard to complain about.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:55 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

aV1aTOr wrote:
Bring your own ipad (or smart phone even) and down load the Air Canada app. Lots of free movies. If you don't have one, rent an ipad for $10 with even more movies than the app gives you.

Got'em both IPad Air 2 Gold and IPhone 6 unlike many of my 67-69 yr old goat buddies who think the texting/FaceTime/apps is nothing but a communist plot. I showed one of them my travel folder on iPhone 6 with AC,WJ, Flightradar24, Google maps etc apps..... I showed same goat my Wallet app and had my SFO boarding expired electronic boarding pass. I lost him at first sentence when I started to explain the process. I swear to Christ some of'em are still back in the black and white TV and AM radio era.

Anyway I am onboard.
:smt040

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:02 pm 
Rank 7
Rank 7

aV1aTOr wrote:

Yeah, isn't that exactly the same as every WJ flight?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:52 pm 
Rank 4
Rank 4

Had my first Rouge trip YYC to YUL. Great service and the IPAD entertainment was quite satisfactory. Being an AC supporter I was still quite happy with the end result.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:44 pm 
Rank 10
Rank 10

You're worried about one flight switched?

I'm about to get my whole career Rouged... what a joke...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:49 pm 
Rank 7
Rank 7

ajet32 wrote:
Had my first Rouge trip YYC to YUL. Great service and the IPAD entertainment was quite satisfactory. Being an AC supporter I was still quite happy with the end result.

Rouge is doing YYC to YUL? That seems like an odd leisure route - I can see why Altiplano would be annoyed.

We did get "Rouged" back when they first launched on a YVR-LAX flight. We had booked th flight on Aeroplan, so we weren't super ticked, but still. Overall I didn't love the experience for the primary reason that the seat pocket springs dug right in to my knee. Not sure if that's changed at all. I didn't mind the iPad entertainment experience.

When done on the right routes that are actual leisure routes, I think Rouge makes a lot of sense. YVR-LAX is NOT a leisure route though. I'd argue YYC-YUL isn't either.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:00 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

altiplano wrote:
You're worried about one flight switched?

I'm about to get my whole career Rouged... what a joke...

Right?? Big NO vote from this guy...but I am sure the group will vote it in.....Rouge is so much fun, being on the road in exotic locations with all those 20 yr old backend staff.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:53 pm 
Rank 6
Rank 6

Never had a flight switch from main line to Rouge, but had the other way around. :))))
As far as Rouge like the iPad option for movies better than any system. I hate A320/321 hi density seating. B767 has some room in the first 6-7 first economy rows but after that it's the sardines.
If you upgrade the seats you can come close to the mainline fares if you look for the deals.

My 2c

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:17 am 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Old fella wrote:

Depends if you're on the 767 or the A319/321. The 767 is actually fairly comfortable. The 319/321 are the worst seat configuration I've ever seen. I'm not a particularly tall man (5'11), but I couldn't get my knees to not touch the seat in front of me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:00 am 
Rank 8
Rank 8

Marinth wrote:
The 319/321 are the worst seat configuration I've ever seen. I'm not a particularly tall man (5'11), but I couldn't get my knees to not touch the seat in front of me.

Imagine being 6'5" like me. Apart from the seat pitch on the Airbuses I have nothing negative to say about Rouge, the 767s are quite comfy, and I continue to book them over the competition.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:24 pm 
Rank 2
Rank 2