Ground School Sign off

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Gromster
Rank 0
Rank 0

Ground School Sign off

Post by Gromster »

I completed ground school in a classroom with my local school who has now move to a different town and changed instructors. I'm having a lot of difficulty getting my ground school signed off in my PTR because the instructor who did my ground school isn't there anymore and the new instructors want me to redo the entire course. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this done without having to sit thru ground school again?
---------- ADS -----------

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Ground School Sign off

Post by 5x5 »

The CFI of the school has to be able to provide the appropriate information for inclusion to your PTR.

From the CARs related to responsibilities of a CFI, they are responsible for - 406.22 (5) (f) the content and accuracy of Pilot Training Records, course reports, student pilot permits issued, licence applications and any other documents which form part of the training process;

This means they have to have a system to record ground school training and insure that the information gets correctly recorded in all students PTRs. Any difficulties you are having should be resolved by talking directly with the school's CFI.

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

And if that doesn't work, put a call in a to TC and have a word with the inspector who supervises the flight school and explain how they're not meeting their obligations under the regulations. They'll be bending over to provide what you need after an inspector calls, And TC inspectors just love paperwork violations.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
jg24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jg24 »

Sit down with the CFI and bring this up. If CFI was there during the employment time of your former instructor, they may have your instructor's contact and could give them a quick call or email to confirm. But that shouldn't be necessary, ground schools should have attendance records etc, and he/she should be able to pull that out, confirm you attended and completed the ground school, and sign that off for you.

Return to “Flight Training”