Re: New Encore Captain ad

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

johngalt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johngalt »

So you can be a direct entry captain with 250 multi pic, 1500 hrs and atpl?

Have they done anything recently about wages and pilot retention?

Are guys still working 19 days a month and being asked to volunteer for more?

Daily mins?

What is the projected wait for mainline wj for someone who gets hired today?

Any reason to go to a regional when wj and ac will be hiring off the street for the foreseeable future?
---------- ADS -----------

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Re: New Encore Captain ad

Post by Black_Tusk »

Yeah I think there must be something wrong with that listing. Encore has their matrix, it even says lower down how RJ/Classic time can be counted for %50 towards the Q400 time on type matrix. I think someone just made a mistake in the post and copied the FO requirements.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Apply anyway. All they can say is no

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

2000 hrs minimum with 1500 hours on type. Tell me that someone with 1500 on type isn't qualified to command.

johngalt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johngalt »

leftoftrack wrote:Apply anyway. All they can say is no

Don't particularly want a crappy sched for 5 years when WJ and AC are hiring off the street. Got a lot more hours than 1500. Who knows if a guy even flows to wj in five years. Might be that ULCC they keep talking about.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

So don't apply

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

johngalt wrote:So you can be a direct entry captain with 250 multi pic, 1500 hrs and atpl?
No. You don't need the multi pic. :lol:

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dry Guy »

Black_Tusk wrote:Yeah I think there must be something wrong with that listing. Encore has their matrix, it even says lower down how RJ/Classic time can be counted for %50 towards the Q400 time on type matrix. I think someone just made a mistake in the post and copied the FO requirements.
It's weird to me that Encore considers ATR or RJ time equal to Daah 8 time and gives no special consideration for previous Dash 8 experience. The Q400 shares a type rating with the 100/300, doesn't it?

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Dry Guy wrote:It's weird to me that Encore considers ATR or RJ time equal to Daah 8 time and gives no special consideration for previous Dash 8 experience. The Q400 shares a type rating with the 100/300, doesn't it?
I believe you misread it. They say you need X amount of Q400 time, or can count similar types at 50%. Those similar types include the Dash 8 100/200/300, CRJ of all types, and it looks like they'll go for ATR experience too. Since the RJ is cousins with the Challenger I suppose they'd accept that and if they're really desperate they'd probably consider Dash 7 time too.

You guys need to loosen up and feel the intent of these things.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

sad times when pilots who are entrusted to fly a multi million dollar aircraft can't understand a simple job ad :roll:

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Dry Guy wrote:
Black_Tusk wrote:Yeah I think there must be something wrong with that listing. Encore has their matrix, it even says lower down how RJ/Classic time can be counted for %50 towards the Q400 time on type matrix. I think someone just made a mistake in the post and copied the FO requirements.
It's weird to me that Encore considers ATR or RJ time equal to Daah 8 time and gives no special consideration for previous Dash 8 experience. The Q400 shares a type rating with the 100/300, doesn't it?
I guess the idea being that if you don't happen to have a lot of time on the world's most benign and forgiving aeroplane, then some time on the world's second-or-third most benign and forgiving aeroplane might do as a poor second. But what do I know.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Alcoholism wrote:sad times when pilots who are entrusted to fly a multi million dollar aircraft can't understand a simple job ad :roll:
Which is more shocking? A pilot with poor reading comprehension, or a person presumably with a university degree in Human Resources with such poor writing skills that said pilots can't decipher what they are actually looking for?

square
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by square »

They're just posting the legal minimums not the desired qualifications. They always do that.

Eugene_goostman
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Eugene_goostman »

square wrote:They're just posting the legal minimums not the desired qualifications. They always do that.
Hey Viper,

I believe the original ad was in error.

Cheers

Return to “General Comments”