Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

Post by trey kule »

Is there any new information on the aircraft or the pilot?
---------- ADS -----------

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

A past tragedy (runaway Van) Hudsons Bay North of YAM

Post by pdw »

The original thread line came through at the end as leaning towards the possibility of an emotional tragedy ? so the discussion was pretty much hands off (for respect to family) fairly soon after some disclosure on that was pitched on the original thread, ... which by now had turned into 'a long time ago' already. Any change from that, or new finding, would have hit newsfeeds real quick for an event as sensational as this one was to hear of.

WhiskeyWhiskey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: A past tragedy (runaway Van) Hudsons Bay North of YAM

Post by WhiskeyWhiskey »

pdw wrote:The original thread line came through at the end as leaning towards the possibility of an emotional tragedy ? so the discussion was pretty much hands off (for respect to family) fairly soon after some disclosure on that was pitched on the original thread, ... which by now had turned into 'a long time ago' already. Any change from that, or new finding, would have hit newsfeeds real quick for an event as sensational as this one was to hear of.
Is there an official report out yet?

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

Post by pdw »

No formal investigation conducted
(quoted from Aviation Safety Network Caravan data base / Sept 25 2013 - Hudson Bay)

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

I think we all know what happened. Need anymore be said. We are fortunate that this was done as a solo act as compared to some recent events.

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

pelmet wrote:I think we all know what happened. Need anymore be said. We are fortunate that this was done as a solo act as compared to some recent events.
I thought there was an alternate theory. There is evidence (albeit circumstancial) that he may have bailed out? Finding the aircraft would put it to rest.
Illya

Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Illya Kuryakin wrote:
pelmet wrote:I think we all know what happened. Need anymore be said. We are fortunate that this was done as a solo act as compared to some recent events.
I thought there was an alternate theory. There is evidence (albeit circumstancial) that he may have bailed out? Finding the aircraft would put it to rest.
Illya
That theory would be part of ...we know what happened". He committed suicide. Do we need to spend a bunch of money to figure out the exact details? I think not.

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

pelmet wrote:
Illya Kuryakin wrote:
Illya
That theory would be part of ...we know what happened". He committed suicide. Do we need to spend a bunch of money to figure out the exact details? I think not.

Did he actually commit suicide our did he disappear. No body could mean he jumped as some think happened.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Perhaps pelmet you could edit your post from " we" all know, to " I " know, as I think some of us here do not know with the absolute certainity you suggest.

I am a bit surprised the insurers, and police share your certainity and have let it go..

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

trey kule wrote:Perhaps pelmet you could edit your post from " we" all know, to " I " know, as I think some of us here do not know with the absolute certainity you suggest.

I am a bit surprised the insurers, and police share your certainity and have let it go..
THEY share my certainty because it is certain...as most of us know.

If anybody has more details about this case in the lead up to the day of the event, then perhaps they could post some generalities. Otherwise...case closed.

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

pelmet wrote:
trey kule wrote:Perhaps pelmet you could edit your post from " we" all know, to " I " know, as I think some of us here do not know with the absolute certainity you suggest.

If anybody has more details about this case in the lead up to the day of the event, then perhaps they could post some generalities. Otherwise...case closed.
Ah.....but without a body, a smoking gun, or unimpeachable witnesses, a case is never really closed. Is it? Nobody commits suicide by setting an autopilot and just waiting. If there is more to this story, the attitude of some will prevent us from knowing the truth......BTW, who did kill JFK?
Illya

Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.
godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

Illya Kuryakin wrote:
pelmet wrote:

Ah.....but without a body, a smoking gun, or unimpeachable witnesses, a case is never really closed. Is it? Nobody commits suicide by setting an autopilot and just waiting. If there is more to this story, the attitude of some will prevent us from knowing the truth......BTW, who did kill JFK?
Illya

Who was DB Cooper and were did he go.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Illya Kuryakin wrote:Nobody commits suicide by setting an autopilot and just waiting.
*cough*

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

lownslow wrote:
Illya Kuryakin wrote:Nobody commits suicide by setting an autopilot and just waiting.
*cough*
Plus Egyptair, Royal Air Maroc, Air Botswana, Air Mozambique(Hmmm...lots of African carriers actually) using different methods. Anyways...it was bad enough that he destroyed a perfectly good airplane. At least it was by himself.

Perhaps Ilya could dig deep and provide some funding instead of wanting to use our taxpayer money to learn nothing useful. If more info is really desired, I'm sure some coworkers can give a few pre-incident anecdotes about the personality issues. It may help someone intervene prior to the next case. Seeing as discretion is likely...even though it could help us recognize a future situation........how about...case closed.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

So, if I get this right, posters on this thread knew this individual personally and have determined beyond a reasonable doubt that said individual committed suicide?

And nobody did a thing about it?

That is quite a statement for those of us out there in the public. Mere words of frustration do not always end up in action; if they did, half of the population would be in jail or otherwise be removed from society.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”