Flight club syllabus question.

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ScottS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Flight club syllabus question.

Post by ScottS »

I wouldn't worry about it. If you are done in 60 hours it isn't exactly alarm bells that you are being milked and when you solo is not really relevant if you are still working through the syllabus. I think I soloed in 12 hours, but was still at 55 or so when finishing off the flight test. Worked hard, and had an absolute blast, and scored really high on the test so I must have learned something.

What it sounds like is that you are someone like me who sets super high standards for yourself and get a little discouraged when you don't meet them. You are possibly projecting the minimum time requirement as some sort of measure of aptitude of flying or teaching but it isn't really that simple as there are lots of factors that affect the hobbs ticking by. What you want to be measuring is that you are going to be one of the few qualified to hurl through the air in a aluminum can of magic anti-gravity juice! That's an accomplishment in itself, and then further measure yourself on being the safest most professional aviator you can be!
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”