Pilot Seniority Porting

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Pilot Seniority Porting

Post by Oxi »

mbav8r wrote:I'm also getting frustrated with Jazz pilots continually mentioning that the MEC turned down a 30% raise for new hires, it's nothing more than a rumour!
I cannot agree more!
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

NewCommercialPilot wrote:Never going to happen.

Company A goes bankrupt and then its pilots start filtering in above (profitable) Company B's pilots as they get hired. Right.
What would be wrong with that? Just staying with one company for 10 years is not really an accomplishment in itself. That whole seniority thing doesn't reward enthousiasm, motivation or hard work. Just do the bare minimum not to get fired and you'll be set for life. Yay!

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

I think the biggest advantage is for Bearskin and Wasaya. Their FOs won't be in such a hurry to jump out on their bonds. They can stay a 1900 FO at Wasaya, making more money, then go to Jazz, with seniority, once their bond is up.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

groundpilot wrote:So my question for the MEC would be:

What did the members get for this?

This is obviously good for Wasaya and Bearskin for attracting pilots, good for Jazz to find more pilots, but what does this do for the junior members???

If they just gave this away to the company, I would be asking questions
As someone said above, anything that helps Jazz find pilots and not have to cancel flights is good for the company and the employees

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”