A320 Type Rating- Looking for Training Partner

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

HIGH ROLLER
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: A320 Type Rating- Looking for Training Partner

Post by HIGH ROLLER »

Good stuff delay256, your plan is excellent, it is just pilots who have been suffering for years are putting you down and trying very hard to discourage you. Go for it! Get ahead with your career without having to kiss ass and the bullshit of other pilots trying to keep you below them. If only we all could afford to do what you want to do, then these low paying operators would have to step up their game.
---------- ADS -----------

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

HIGH ROLLER wrote:Good stuff delay256, your plan is excellent, it is just pilots who have been suffering for years are putting you down and trying very hard to discourage you. Go for it! Get ahead with your career without having to kiss ass and the bullshit of other pilots trying to keep you below them. If only we all could afford to do what you want to do, then these low paying operators would have to step up their game.
Or another possibilty is the low paying operators might step up their game if folks like delay256 didn't choose to do the airlines training for them :roll:

rdane042
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rdane042 »

Sulako wrote:
straightpilot wrote:
every shady operator will tell you to get a type rating
Southwest Airlines requires all of their new-hires to get a 737 type rating on their own before they start work.

Is Southwest a shady operator?
If they make their pilots pay for their own training, then yeah, they are a shady operator and they should be ashamed their actions.

Just so you know, Southwest Pilots seek their B737 Type Rating at Higher Power Aviation facility ONLY after they pass their interviews.

aviatorme
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aviatorme »

hi, Ive been looking to do a type rating since a long time. I did my cpl a long time back and have to convert my license to transport Canada since I've recently moved to Toronto from Dubai .. Im not looking for a job since I have a successful business but would like to do it for fun..Could you tell me how much would it cost.?

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

I would never pay for a Type Rating, but then again, this young man can do whatever he wants. We can't judge him. I love those guys that look down from the top and say "Hey, you're ruining it for the rest of us"... We've all played a small or big part in "ruining it" for everyone, including ourselves.

Das ist mir wurst...
youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

The title of the original post said, "Looking for Training Partner." I don't recall it saying, Looking for Career Path Advice."

I wish you good luck with your training path, Delay. When I was younger I had a job offer at 19 to become fully trained as a crane operator with paid education at NAIT in Edmonton Alberta, with a good salary from a good company, starting the first day of my apprenticeship. I turned it down to become a pilot because I was only working construction to pay my flight education, which some thought was crazy. I guess what I'm saying is do what you want and don't stop learning. Also don't let people piss on you.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."

Return to “Flight Training”