Electronic Logbook Binder

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Electronic Logbook Binder

Post by DanWEC »

Just curious if anyone in Canada has found a good solution to a nice 8.5x11 leather landscape logbook binder for electronic logbook printouts.

As always in the world of retail there are plenty available in the States but zero in Canada unless willing to pay borderline hilarious shipping fees they all seem to have. Would total 200 bucks Cdn for a binder that's $70 US.
Thinking even a blank leather binder and getting it foiled but even that seems nonexistent here.

I'd hate to suck this up, and there must be a better way.
---------- ADS -----------

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Electronic Logbook Binder

Post by KenoraPilot »

I'd like to find one as well....

BE20 Driver
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by BE20 Driver »

I haven't looked into this but I wonder if Staples would be able to do something up. They seem to have a lot of services they offer other than the basic black and white printing.

Maritimer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Maritimer »

I'm considering getting in touch with these guys. They seem to have a good product.

http://www.logbooksolutions.com

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

Ask if they'll ship USPS. It's dirt cheap, and will come straight to your door via Canada Post. You will have to pay PST/GST when it arrives.

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

Maritimer wrote:I'm considering getting in touch with these guys. They seem to have a good product.

This looks awesome, I'd be even more interested if they could customize my name on it.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

I sent them an email yesterday, just waiting to hear back.

NC Software (Maker of Logbook Pro) Is ludicrously expensive at $179 U.S.(!!) PLUS about $50 for shipping.
Prosoft Binders, in Florida quoted $46 bucks shipping and the binder is $69. Not bad. I swear I'm not being cheap, it's not the product price at all, it just seems like a lot to mail a small package. We don't live in the Maldives.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Etsy?

https://www.etsy.com/market/leather_binder

Personally I just have them printed and spiral bound at the local print shop when I need to present them for a interview, they end up in my fireplace (minus plastic spiral) after I get the job. Having the digital version in the cloud, backed up on my desktop, laptop, iPad and iPhone is more than enough for me.

Personally I'd save the money for beer.

But I don't even wear aviator sunglasses anymore 8)

to each their own.

Snowgoose
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Snowgoose »

Been a while since I've posted...

I have an aluminum landscape binder for my logbook, picked it up at Vistek in Toronto.

Here's the manufacturer website, they have some pretty cool ones

http://pinazangaro.com/product-types/binders.html

It's better to break ground and head into the wind than to break wind and head into the ground.
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Couldn't find anything suitable on Etsy, thanks though.

Those Pina binders are terrific! Saw them on Amazon but at 3 times the price. Vistek looks like the place to get it. Maybe Aluminum and inscribed would be unique.

Thanks.

tonyhunt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tonyhunt »

I bought mine at Vistek on Bank St in Ottawa. Aluminium, landscape, 3-post expandable, etc. Not too expensive on sale.

Tony Hunt
RFC - CYRO
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

That's the first place I checked, out of stock right now but I'm not in a rush, will order it from them. How's things around YRO?

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

SuperchargedRS, funny link. Leather binder has two distinctly different meanings. :lol:

I'd be interested in an 8.5x14 one as well.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Lol noticed that too.

Think one might have a better....ROI than rhe other though :lol:

Elliot Moose
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Elliot Moose »

I'm considering getting in touch with these guys. They seem to have a good product.

I bought one from these guys and am very happy with it. I also blew a bit and bought the nice paper. The finished product looks amazing and I felt really good heading into an interview with this in hand.

You can't make honey out of dog sh!t
Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

All I do is print it on nice paper on my laser printer and take it to Staples where they spiral bind it for 5 dollars. It looks great.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Cessna 180 wrote:All I do is print it on nice paper on my laser printer and take it to Staples where they spiral bind it for 5 dollars. It looks great.
Ditto, but after a few weeks in the flight bag the edges are dog eared, and the corners are frayed. I was thinking of a sheet of aluminum and hand drilling out the 50 or so holes to mate it with the spiral binding but at the moment I'm far too lazy for that.

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

co-joe wrote:
Cessna 180 wrote:All I do is print it on nice paper on my laser printer and take it to Staples where they spiral bind it for 5 dollars. It looks great.
Ditto, but after a few weeks in the flight bag the edges are dog eared, and the corners are frayed. I was thinking of a sheet of aluminum and hand drilling out the 50 or so holes to mate it with the spiral binding but at the moment I'm far too lazy for that.
I guess i never have a reason to carry the logbook with me. I only print them when i need them for tc, faa, or for a job. i could see a binder being useful if i carried it around for sure.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Cessna 180 wrote:
co-joe wrote:
I guess i never have a reason to carry the logbook with me. I only print them when i need them for tc, faa, or for a job. i could see a binder being useful if i carried it around for sure.
That.

jacksonpowell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jacksonpowell »

Hey not sure if everyone found a good logbook binder but I just recently order from elitepilotlogs.com They only have one type of logbook but they have black and brown. The nice thing about them is that they are posts and not o-rings. Just looks a little more professional.

Return to “General Comments”