Pathetic Pearson Airport

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Transonic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Pathetic Pearson Airport

Post by Transonic »

[/quote]
What part of this don't you understand?
The airport is getting much busier. Not proper staffing, yes does disrespect everyone's time.[/quote]

Your beef is with the government, more specifically the CBSA. The airport tells them how many passengers they should expect and the CBSA determines employment, not the GTAA. It's the CBSA's budget.

Perhaps the CBSA staff feel your same frustrations. They are understaffed and deal with a lot of unpleasant people and there is no incentive to exceed the responsibilities delegated to them in their assigned position for their shift.

500-600 passengers is 1-2 wide bodies worth. Aircraft and passengers arrive in ebbs and flows. If you were the CBSA manager with a budget, would you staff excessively to meet max capacity or staff to meet the average? Remember, it's about capital efficiency. It's your tax dollars at work. You would be equally upset if you entered the customs hall and saw an abundance of well paid government staff and no passengers.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Transonic on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Rockie wrote:I understood that it was customs and not CATSA which is more than you understood Rookie. While I share a fraction of your frustration with the long line ups that occasionally occur there I don't automatically assume it's a systemic staffing problem or laziness on the part of individual workers. I simply don't know...and neither do you.
It's poor organization because I've seen 3-4 staff available, on site, standing around talking, while 2 people are doing all the clearing.

Amazingly enough too, I couldn't really care if it's customs or catsa or whoever.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Ok, what in the actual frig is up with the AK construction?? Day after day I see zero work actually happening there. What are they doing? Does anyone know when it’s supposed to be completed? It’s a complete goat rodeo in the meantime...

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

PostmasterGeneral wrote:Ok, what in the actual frig is up with the AK construction?? Day after day I see zero work actually happening there. What are they doing? Does anyone know when it’s supposed to be completed? It’s a complete goat rodeo in the meantime...
It's Canada, give it a few weeks of "pollution/environmental assessment study" before the workers will complete the job, consequently, it will be over schedule and over budget. All good though, got to make use of some of the most expensive landing fees in the world.

A few weeks later, they will probably open the ground again in order to rewire to have LED taxi lights installed on the taxi way line.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Apparently the current construction is slab replacement and some sort of tank removal. We asked apron a few days ago, and he seemed to think it'll be a couple more weeks before it is done.

It works out nice when you are on a hard time day... pretty easy to tack on 20 minutes now if you arrive at the right time.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

They sure are taking their time at AK. Maybe they found a buried Avro Arrow or some Indian bones there? :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Something amazing happened yesterday at YYZ. I saw the high speed walkway operating....yay.

Return to “General Comments”