Fake pilot ads

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

kiteboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Fake pilot ads

Post by kiteboy »

+1
If there were decent jobs in Canada your celebrations would prob have about 10 people! Completely different situation! They ( Middle East carriers) exist only with foreign workers, and any local has preferred treatment!
(Posted from Green Center) shithole
---------- ADS -----------

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Qwest again

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

It seems Qwest is trying to hire Helicopter pilots in Australia and New Zealand.

Is there a shortage of qualified Canadian pilots or are they getting shafted ?

http://www.bladeslapper.com/viewtopic.p ... f=5#p80070

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Give it up Gilles.

Never in my lifetime have I seen a market sooo.....open to inexperienced pilots here in canadastan.

actually, to support the point, I was at your company way, way, way, before you even got there, and we were fucked over big time by management, had way more background than you ever had. so we all went our different ways, and your company had no chlice but hire inexperienced people, sad to say. like you.

our problem, and our stigma, we hapenned to work for a serious competitor that went kaput. big time nasty internal politics. that cost people their livelihoods.

we're talking early to mid nineties.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

This is a resurectec topic from 2014....

Speaking of ads, there is an invasion of it here now. Can barely dig posts in the middle of them.

:?

Last edited by TG on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

confusedalot wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:20 pm Give it up Gilles.

Never in my lifetime have I seen a market sooo.....open to inexperienced pilots here in canadastan.

actually, to support the point, I was at your company way, way, way, before you even got there, and we were fucked over big time by management, had way more background than you ever had. so we all went our different ways, and your company had no chlice but hire inexperienced people, sad to say. like you.

our problem, and our stigma, we hapenned to work for a serious competitor that went kaput. big time nasty internal politics. that cost people their livelihoods.

we're talking early to mid nineties.
I don't know what you are talking about. In Europe, in Asia, they commonly hire pilots with 200 hours Total time, with no experience whatsoever, and put them in the right seat of A320s and B737s....and they call them second officers, in an aircraft with no first officer. This does not exist in Canada.

At the time I was hired, my employer required 4000 hours to get a right seat. I was hired with about 6000 hours..... Those were the days when one needed 2000 hours to get a left seat in a Navajo, remember ?

So come again ?
.....and your company had no chlice but hire inexperienced people, sad to say. like you....
Back to the subject of this thread, Qwest, in order to justity Temporary Foreign Worker visas for these posts, with have to post ads in Canada and then claim they could not find pilots here.

Here are the guidelines for determining TFW applications for pilots, as published in 2014 by ESDC:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/canad ... ng_TFW.pdf
Foreign Pilots in Canada
In recent years, concerns have been raised that some airlines are excluding Canadian pilots from seasonal
jobs by requiring job applicants to already be trained on specific types of planes (type rating) before they are
hired, which is counter to general industry standards of airlines paying for and ensuring pilots obtain their
training on the specific airline’s planes after they have been hired.
The Government of Canada consulted widely on this issue, and most stakeholders agreed that seasonal
variations in fleet capacity should not stop airlines from training pilots for specific aircraft. It was noted
that many airlines successfully contract flight time, pilot training and other training elements, such as
flight simulator time, with other airlines or with aircraft manufacturers in order to meet their training
requirements. There was a consensus that there is no shortage of Canadian commercial pilots who could be
trained to fly specific types of aircraft.
Based on stakeholder consultations, the following changes are being made for airlines requesting foreign
pilots through the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) process.
Effective July 1, 2014, airlines must:
• meet the minimum advertising requirements for high-wage occupations; and
› specify the following criteria in their job postings:
› no more than a maximum of 4,000 flight hours for a First Officer and 5,000 hours for a Captain
as required experience;
› possess a valid commercial pilots’ licence;
› require English and/or French language proficiency;
› include industry standard medical testing requirements for commercial flight;
› state both the legal and common names of the airline operating in Canada;
• not include as an essential or asset requirement the necessity of holding a type rating for a specific
type of aircraft. However, requiring applicants to have experience flying equipment that is similar in
configuration and complexity to the airline’s fleet is considered acceptable;
• indicate when training bonds will be applied and they must cover a minimum of two years employment;
• negotiate a transition plan with ESDC documenting the airline’s future efforts and commitment to
decrease the reliance on foreign pilots while increasing its complement of Canadian/permanent resident
pilots. The transition plan will be reviewed by ESDC for progress and can affect the outcome of future LMIA
applications; and
• submit LMIA applications a minimum of three months before the first day of work to ensure Program
officers can thoroughly review the application. Any exception to this timeline must be requested prior to
the LMIA being submitted.

Buckminister
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Companies that make use of Foreign pilots

Post by Buckminister »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Wed May 07, 2014 1:38 pm These are employers who submitted requests to ESDC for TFW pilots since 2012. Anyone wanting to see the actual LMO applications and the reasons provided by these employers for needing a foreign pilot, they are here in this huge document which you are free to download and distribute..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105 ... 202013.pdf

AgMAx Ltd
Air Labrador Ltd
Aurora Helicopters Ltd
AVTi
Bailey Helicopters Ltd
Battlefords Airspray
Bluebird Flight Academy Inc (this one was unable to find a Canadian Flight Instructor)
Bombardier Aerospace
CAE Inc
Canadian Air Crane Ltd
Canadian Armed Forces
Canadian Helicopters Ltd
Canjet (also known as I.M.P. Group Ltd)
Capiltale Helicoptère Inc
Cloud9 Airspray Ltd
CMR Aerial Survey

To be continued......
Hey! This dropbox pdf document is no longer available at the given link. Any idea where else I can find it? Unable to DM the OP.

Return to “General Comments”