cover up ?

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

cover up ?

Post by crazyaviator »

Just because someone exercises their rights does not mean that there is a cover up or a conspiracy. Damn!!!!!!
I agree!

In our litigious state everyone is told NOT to talk to the media,,,,Look at Air Transat and the drunken pilot,,,,,they LIED to the travelling public!

Look at a certain financial institution saying that they never bother clients for insurance or other schemes or never threaten employees if they don't upsell !

What is wrong with a GOOD company saying that they had a mechanical problem or that there was a non-mechanical error on the DC-3T ?

The public is the last to know about ANYTHING ,,,, Look at the flu vaccines and the insurance scheme in the usa used to cover up the incidences of damage and death !!!

People are getting tired of the wait like a corralled sheep mentality until the "report" comes out ,,,,generally a sanitized report that is vetted by all the "stakeholders" and modified as required to be palatable for the masses!
---------- ADS -----------

phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: cover up ?

Post by phillyfan »

The media has been doing just what you are asking, for a decade. They bring in taking head idiots who make shit up. Hell just look at the Malaysian Airlines incident. I watched countless morons predict everything from depressurization. Shot down, taken to a secret airport in the middle east, an inter dimensional wormhole, aliens and on and on. Proper Investigations take time. Swissair 111 had to be painstakingly pieced together. The world of 24 hour Breaking News and world wide web has created a need for instant gratification. Aircraft Accidents are not entertainment however. They tend to be a series of things leading to impact. In the case of this DC3. It happened 10 working days ago. People need to calm down.

Ricktye
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ricktye »

In most instances I don't believe there's a cover up, except for maybe the odd DC-8 in Gander that caused CASB (http://www.sandford.org/gandercrash/main/index.shtml) to be destroyed..... The investigations do sometimes seem to take longer than expected. For example, it's been ~2 years since Carson Air's Swearingen SA-226-TC Metro II's inflight breakup and still nothing official out on it. While this is baffling, it just seems to be the way it is with TSB.
phillyfan wrote:The media has been doing just what you are asking, for a decade. They bring in taking head idiots who make shit up. Hell just look at the Malaysian Airlines incident. I watched countless morons predict everything from depressurization. Shot down, taken to a secret airport in the middle east, an inter dimensional wormhole, aliens and on and on. Proper Investigations take time. Swissair 111 had to be painstakingly pieced together. The world of 24 hour Breaking News and world wide web has created a need for instant gratification. Aircraft Accidents are not entertainment however. They tend to be a series of things leading to impact. In the case of this DC3. It happened 10 working days ago. People need to calm down.

raccooncptn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by raccooncptn »

Where is the cover up?

Most company's, and I bet this one included, have a policy for employees regarding social media.

Mine does, I'm sure everyone can guess where I work based on my handle. The public have a bad habit of jumping to conclusions based only on speculation. These conclusions can be unfairly damaging to companies.

Look at Porter a few years back when a PVI was leaked. We were down with Keystone after that sheeit. Same thing happened to Wasaya with a leaked PVI and some uninformed armchair quarterbacking. I read that leak, seriously a garbage can in front of a fire extinguisher and the news (and TC) conclude that they're planes are going to fall out of the sky???????? That made them unsafe??? I put APTN down with Fox News for that stellar reporting.

When it comes to media, spoon feed them only proven facts when the time is right.

As for that DC3. Wasn't that like a week ago? Little early for facts to be proven, though it appears the armchair quarterbacks on Avcanada have it figured out. Assholes.

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

As for that DC3. Wasn't that like a week ago? Little early for facts to be proven, though it appears the armchair quarterbacks on Avcanada have it figured out. Assholes.
That Dc-3T was ferry flown the other day. The answers are already known ,,,,but alas, lets wait 2 years for the official report !!!

GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

raccooncptn wrote:Where is the cover up?

Most company's, and I bet this one included, have a policy for employees regarding social media.

Mine does, I'm sure everyone can guess where I work based on my handle. The public have a bad habit of jumping to conclusions based only on speculation. These conclusions can be unfairly damaging to companies.

Look at Porter a few years back when a PVI was leaked. We were down with Keystone after that sheeit. Same thing happened to Wasaya with a leaked PVI and some uninformed armchair quarterbacking. I read that leak, seriously a garbage can in front of a fire extinguisher and the news (and TC) conclude that they're planes are going to fall out of the sky???????? That made them unsafe??? I put APTN down with Fox News for that stellar reporting.

When it comes to media, spoon feed them only proven facts when the time is right.

Does that last line comply with your company's social media policy?

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

Good point actually. You just inferred you work for Porter then proceed to use curse word toward people that discuss possible cause of a accident. On a accident forum. It is you who need a lecture about social media policy.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

You inferred; he implied.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

Media Advisory - TSB will hold a news conference to release its investigation report into the April 2015 in-flight breakup of a Carson Air cargo aircraft near Vancouver, British Columbia Français

News provided by
Transportation Safety Board of Canada
Oct 31, 2017, 13:00 ET

RICHMOND, BC, Oct. 31, 2017 /CNW/ - The Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB) will hold a news conference on 2 November 2017 to make public its investigation report (A15P0081) into the 13 April 2015 in-flight breakup of a Carson Air Swearingen Metro II cargo aircraft near Vancouver, British Columbia.

When:
2 November 2017
10:00 a.m. Pacific Time

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

Nov 02 is the date for the release

Flyboy757
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Flyboy757 »

Global News BC just carried the TSB findings. The Captain was about 3x over the legal limit for driving!!! Why in hell did the co pilot not speak up and/or refuse to go flying? WOW.......cost him his life.

spongebob
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by spongebob »

Functional alcoholic probably

Flyboy757
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Flyboy757 »

Here`s the Vancouver Sun article........ http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... er-in-2015

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Just read the Vancouver Sun article.

One of the statements; alcoholism=suicidal behavior? I am no expert, seems to me that you could pull the plug through much easier methods than climbing into an airplane to do the deed. Why go through all of that trouble?

I dunno , does not sound kosher to me.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
anofly
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by anofly »

This one is just sad. condolences.
possibly a few folks are relieved to hear the aircraft did not fall apart , while being flown in accordance with the operating manual. Airframe failure is not very forgiving.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”