Perimeter Add

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

FLYaJET
Rank 1
Rank 1

Perimeter Add

Post by FLYaJET »

1-2 years on the Ramp for an entry level flying job???????!!!!!!!!
I think Perimeter is a great company and the concept of keeping someone on the ramp for a while even a year or so in slower times with a garuntee of a job based on performance is the norm. or has been.
Do the hiring people not know Jazz and Encore are hiring with 250 hours off the street. 2 years on the ramp to maybe have the chance to touch the right seat of a metro! Why not go fly a 172 or navajo elsewhere and go direct entry to Air Canada or Westjet in 2 years. At the start of the best time and biggest pilot shortage about to happen s in several decades...this job add is an embarrassment to the profession. I hope no one signs up for this deal!
---------- ADS -----------

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Perimeter Add

Post by FishermanIvan »

Where are you seeing 250 hour guys going to Jazz?

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

First of all, Jazz is not (yet) hiring 250 hrs "off the street". Only graduates of approved colleges get direct entry Jazz jobs.

Working on the ramp at PAL is hard work and in my opinion it's excessive. One year should be the max anyone should work that "slave job".

The hardest part at Perimeter is the training. I heard they have some draconian pilots there that will kick you out of the GS for the most idiotic reasons. It is not a pleasant learning environment.

Is it better than other "703"s? Sure! (I said 703 on purpose, because it's run like a 703 mom and pop BS company)

Das ist mir wurst...
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Why are you whingeing about this in the "bush flying" forum?

a) you won't get any sympathy here; and
b) the subject has nothing to do with bush flying

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”