Ggn recruiter ad.

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Ggn recruiter ad.

Post by Sharklasers »

GGN is hiring a pilot recruiter, who's job I assume will be to shanghai and kidnap pilots in bars up north and press them into service.
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Ggn recruiter ad.

Post by Inverted2 »

I was thinking of more like the creepy old man from Family Guy. Maybe offering candy to entice them in ? :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
805ITT
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 805ITT »

Nope....it will be an HR professional that will lead/assist with recruitment including postings, interviews and whatever else is in the job comp.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

It will also be someone who is familiar with hiring temporary foreign workers.
Here's an idea....if you actually provide a good wage and decent working conditions, you wouldn't need to work so hard to find employees that will stick around. Amazing how times have changed in the last few years. Also amazing how some companies refuse to recognize it!

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:18 pm Here's an idea....if you actually provide a good wage and decent working conditions, you wouldn't need to work so hard to find employees that will stick around. Amazing how times have changed in the last few years. Also amazing how some companies refuse to recognize it!
I'm not so sure, JHR..there is a limit to how much GGN can pay, and, realistically, no-one is going to stick around flying a 1900, no matter how much they pay, when bigger aeroplanes with the potential for better lifestyle/pay/pension are easily available..

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

That is where you have it wrong, some people would love to fly smaller airplanes if it paid well, 16 day month for 150k / yr and I bet guys would never leave the 1900

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

fish4life wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:01 pm That is where you have it wrong, some people would love to fly smaller airplanes if it paid well, 16 day month for 150k / yr and I bet guys would never leave the 1900
Well, pay me a Million for two days a month flying a 172, and I'm all in! Problem is, no-one has that sort of money. Same with your mythical $150/yr at 16 days a month - that's why i said that there's a limit to how much GGN can afford to pay...

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Anybody that says GGN "can't" pay more, and people will always move on to better paying positions, is part of the problem! Sheesh.... show me another industry where the carrot and stepping stone mentality are that entrenched. Ridiculous.

There are plenty of 703's that have ponied up and are paying far, far more than these donuts do.

backb0ne787
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by backb0ne787 »

Wow no mobility agreement so that I can one day be a recruiter for Air canada? I'm not interested. :smt040

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

A few northern 703 carriers are paying over 100k for 704 drivers right now with around the 16 day / month mark so 150 isn’t out of the question for an expensive city like yyz.

805ITT
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 805ITT »

For a bed time fiction story........

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

DanWEC wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:25 am show me another industry where the carrot and stepping stone mentality are that entrenched.
I don't get out much but from what I've seen this is very common among emergency services workers as well. I'm sure there are others, cheap and short-term eager labour is present in all fields.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

lownslow wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:14 am I don't get out much but from what I've seen this is very common among emergency services workers as well. I'm sure there are others, cheap and short-term eager labour is present in all fields.
I agree, you put in your dues everywhere, but I feel like it's unique to Aviation for it to continue up to your 3rd, 4th job or further. Maybe I should go back to potato wrangling.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Interesting read. Have heard this stuff from other pilots there.

http://business.financialpost.com/featu ... n-business

Canadian Skyhawk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Canadian Skyhawk »

I've been posting about the book, "The Next Plane Crash", upon which the National Post article on GGN is partly based. My posts keep getting deleted. Clearly there's moderators that are friends of GGN and don't like a different version of the truth. So much for impartiality on Avcanada......

....com

805ITT
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 805ITT »

How do you have a "different version of the truth"? 2 sides to every story, but there is only one truth.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

mmm..bacon wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:24 pm
JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:18 pm Here's an idea....if you actually provide a good wage and decent working conditions, you wouldn't need to work so hard to find employees that will stick around. Amazing how times have changed in the last few years. Also amazing how some companies refuse to recognize it!
I'm not so sure, JHR..there is a limit to how much GGN can pay, and, realistically, no-one is going to stick around flying a 1900, no matter how much they pay, when bigger aeroplanes with the potential for better lifestyle/pay/pension are easily available..
I disagree. A friend of mine operates a small 703 outfit with piston singles/twins. I spoke to him about attrition. He told me that when he hires, most guys tell him they want to stick around for a year and than move on. Surprisingly, he said, they all seem to stay much longer and he has no problem staffing his company. It might have something to do with the fact that he has a reputation in town for being a really good boss.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

mmm..bacon wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:40 pm
fish4life wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:01 pm That is where you have it wrong, some people would love to fly smaller airplanes if it paid well, 16 day month for 150k / yr and I bet guys would never leave the 1900
Well, pay me a Million for two days a month flying a 172, and I'm all in! Problem is, no-one has that sort of money. Same with your mythical $150/yr at 16 days a month - that's why i said that there's a limit to how much GGN can afford to pay...
They can pay a lot more than they do. Why do you think they have ads up in the jobs section every 3 days? I do the same exact job at another express carrier and they don't seem to have any trouble staffing the operation.

Let’s Go Brandon
gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:55 pm
mmm..bacon wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:40 pm
They can pay a lot more than they do. Why do you think they have ads up in the jobs section every 3 days? I do the same exact job at another express carrier and they don't seem to have any trouble staffing the operation.

The ad's and new position are due to their new agreement with Air Canada. Increased flow to AC means the crank gets turned faster than ever

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

gtanorth wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm The ad's and new position are due to their new agreement with Air Canada. Increased flow to AC means the crank gets turned faster than ever
Flow? Since when do any of the AC Express carriers have flow?

Some of the American feeders have flow. No such thing here.

Get your carrot-dangling bullshit out of here.

Return to “Employment Forum”