WestJet introduces WestJet Link

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: WestJet introduces WestJet Link

Post by yycinformer »

DaveP wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 pm Both classes in Jan are full and we are filling February with a healthy pool. 2017 was huge for hiring with north of 160 new hires at WJ and north of 240 at Encore....crazy year and unprecedented for us.

The wild card as all know, is how swoop will come into play for 2018 imho.

Respectfully,
Dave
Hi Dave,

What do the hiring numbers look like in 2018 for WJ and Encore?
---------- ADS -----------

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

If DaveP is in the dark on the Swoop hiring plan he could have also been in the the dark on a future Link flow through to Westjet agreement. These are things that would be discussed, considered, planned, negotiated, by higher level managers.

NewCommercialPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NewCommercialPilot »

Victory wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:49 pm If DaveP is in the dark on the Swoop hiring plan he could have also been in the the dark on a future Link flow through to Westjet agreement. These are things that would be discussed, considered, planned, negotiated, by higher level managers.
Meaning they would secretly discuss this with PASCO management and hope that PASCO would (fingers crossed) keep the information confidential, and not use it as a tool to recruit pilots. RRRRIIIGGHHTTTT...

You can get a great deal on aluminum foil at Costco I'm told, if you're running low.

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

NewCommercialPilot wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:05 am
Victory wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:49 pm If DaveP is in the dark on the Swoop hiring plan he could have also been in the the dark on a future Link flow through to Westjet agreement. These are things that would be discussed, considered, planned, negotiated, by higher level managers.
Meaning they would secretly discuss this with PASCO management and hope that PASCO would (fingers crossed) keep the information confidential, and not use it as a tool to recruit pilots. RRRRIIIGGHHTTTT...

You can get a great deal on aluminum foil at Costco I'm told, if you're running low.
Oh God, now I have to agree with NewCommercialPilot. What has this world come to?

Go Guns
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Go Guns »

I don't think anybody knows what the Swoop hiring plan is. I'm sure everyone involved knows what they want the plan to be, but how it actually plays out is anybody's guess.

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi Victory
NCP is correct. There is no conspiracy there. I was in fact, working on the actual document (non flow) at the time the Pasco QnA surfaced and it had gone back n forth a bit already. There was never anything around Direct flow in that document. Hopefully that information snuffs that rumour for good!
As for the hiring numbers informer, I would hate to give you an inaccurate number at this time with all the balls up in the air. I’ll know a lot more in a month or two but it’s safe to say we will see 37 block growth and uptake for the 87 in second half for starters.
Encore is running two courses of 10 per month until I hear differently from them.
Cheers
Dave

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

I don't think they mentioned flow did they? The wording I heard was preferential interview. I refuse to believe they made that up out of thin air. I also don't think there is something necessarily wrong with Westjet Link pilots getting preferential interviews but I can understand why Encore pilots wouldn't like it.

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

I can only think the reason for the delayed startup must be a shortage of pilots.

https://worldairlinenews.com/2018/02/01 ... s-delayed/

Return to “WestJet”