Regulations regarding 2 flying jobs

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Skyfoxal
Rank 0
Rank 0

Regulations regarding 2 flying jobs

Post by Skyfoxal »

Currently working 14 on 14 off, on call rotation. I am interested in instructing part time for a different company for the 14 off. As long as I don't go over the maximum flight times is possible to instruct/fly while I'm on required days off?

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Regulations regarding 2 flying jobs

Post by Bede »

There are no specific regulations preventing this but your current employer may want to keep track of your hours or get their permission.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

You want to instruct on your required days off? If you are on call for 14 days then I think the required days off is 3 days on either side. No, you cannot work on those required days off.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Yes you can work for 2 separate operations. As long as you have the required 3 days on each side of the 2 week stint off you are fine.
That said, you must inform your employers of your flight time with the other as they are required to maintain records of your flight time to ensure you do not exceed flight times and not violate days off. It is this reason lots of operators say you cannot fly with someone else as it can quickly get complicated.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Don't overdo yourself man! Working two jobs is not ideal. Relax, enjoy your life. If your financial situation is so bad, consider other options. Flying is nothing to be toyed around when it comes to chronic fatigue.

Das ist mir wurst...

Return to “General Comments”