Air Bravo Again

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

yepivedonethat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Air Bravo Again

Post by yepivedonethat »

Ok so your average 703 operation is either waking up or in the process of doing so because people are moving on to airline and cushy corporate gigs because like Air Bravo the majority of them treat their flight staff like junk. Here are a few facts about Air Bravo and similar 703 operations:

They offer you a bond without an employment contract. So you go do the training and as previously stated by another poster you fail the ride. Now you're on the hook for $15k and you have no job. Pilots... wake up. No job offer, no bond. Or at least an escape clause.

Bonds are used to trap pilots into time based agreements that inevitably they want out of because the employer then takes advantage of said pilot.

703 operations are struggling to find qualified people so as such they are spreading things even thinner as a result. My sources tell me that Air Bravo in particular is one or two flight staff members away from quitting that will cripple their operation.

I have no sympathy for any of these operations or their operators. They are typically billing their contract companies in the order of $10k to $15k plus a day with very marginal and predictable costing to their businesses. They need to find solutions to incentive the good people they have, treat them well, not trap them with ridiculous bond or lack of employment agreements and give them a reason to stay rather than quit at the earliest opportunity.

Yep, I done that. Glad I moved on. Peace & long life all.
---------- ADS -----------

toelessjoe
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by toelessjoe »

Everyone's situation is different. A few months ago I found myself needing something different so I came here. Rotating schedule, better than average pay and actually having fun while doing it. Is it for everybody? No. At the end of the day it's a typical 703 operator with typical 703 shenanigans. Decide what's right for you.

Oh, and the reason they always seem to be advertising is because people come in, get some time, and go fly a Q400. Just like every other 703/704 operator. :smt040

Toeless.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

toelessjoe wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:01 pm Everyone's situation is different. A few months ago I found myself needing something different so I came here. Rotating schedule, better than average pay and actually having fun while doing it. Is it for everybody? No. At the end of the day it's a typical 703 operator with typical 703 shenanigans. Decide what's right for you.

Oh, and the reason they always seem to be advertising is because people come in, get some time, and go fly a Q400. Just like every other 703/704 operator. :smt040

Toeless.

What kind of schedule did you work?
Thanks

phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by phillyfan »

My sources tell me that pilots are losers. Millennial ones are even worse. Pilots are still a dime a dozen. Its the good ones and the ones you don't want to punch that are hard to find. I am sure Air Bravo could find a couple mouth breathers on short notice to fill a seat if somebody quits. Its a Millennial thing to believe that a company will shut down because you quit. It usually causes a minor nuisance for a day or two.

Return to “Employment Forum”