Air Bravo minimum first officer times?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rank 3
Rank 3

Air Bravo minimum first officer times?

Post by 7507 »

Anyone hired under 1000 hours?750?500?

Thanks in advance
---------- ADS -----------

dogfood
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Bravo minimum first officer times?

Post by dogfood »

I think all your need to work for them right now is a pulse lol

nightbird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by nightbird »

Not sure if they have other contracts now but it used to be minimum 500h to be able to do the Ornge flights and 1000h to fly Hydro contracts. Under 500 typically you would be dispatching and flying the odd charter that came in that didn't need the previous minimums so depending on how low time you are it could take a while.
Last thing I heard they were trying to set up some sort of cargo run out of Winnipeg? not sure...

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

What does a typical pilot schedule look like at Bravo, anyone from Bravo with a comment.

Thanks

C-FDPB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by C-FDPB »

Don't fly for bravo, but a good friend does and said it was 4 on 4 off. Just about all full duty days.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

Is it true they won't hire you if you have a side part time job ?

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

I know 705 operators who hire 250 hours guys, I don't think you need more than 200 hours to fly a PC12 from the right seat...

nightbird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by nightbird »

garfield wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:56 pm I know 705 operators who hire 250 hours guys, I don't think you need more than 200 hours to fly a PC12 from the right seat...
It’s in the contract with the customer(Ornge and Hydro 1), even if they want to they can’t put anyone with less than the required minimum on those flights or they could loose the contract.

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172_Captain »

Knowing what I know now, there’s no way in hell I’d do medevac in Northern Ontario in a single. On top of this, Bravo already has a reputation. Thunder, Wasaya, JV are all down the road with much better reputations and aircraft choice.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

garfield wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:56 pm I know 705 operators who hire 250 hours guys, I don't think you need more than 200 hours to fly a PC12 from the right seat...

Well seeing how it was built to be a single pilot ship, probably not lol

172_Captain wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:16 pm Knowing what I know now, there’s no way in hell I’d do medevac in Northern Ontario in a single...
Why?

Would you do it in a piston twin?

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Would you do it in a piston twin?
Well lets think about that for a moment.

We are a hundred miles from any airport at night and an engine quits.

Would I rather be flying a single engine turbine or a piston engine twin?

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

172_Captain wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:16 pm Knowing what I know now, there’s no way in hell I’d do medevac in Northern Ontario in a single.
Are you trolling? The single vs twin in remote northern ontario or manitoba etc. has been debated to great length on this forum before. The PC12 has in immaculate safety record in Ontario and I think that should speak for itself. By the way what company is jv?

dogfood
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dogfood »

Would take a pc12 anywhere in Canada over a navajo and I've flown both

DrSpaceman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DrSpaceman »

I've experienced a pt6 failure personally. Had I been in a pc12 I wouldn't be here today.

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172_Captain »

piperdriver wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:33 am
172_Captain wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:16 pm Knowing what I know now, there’s no way in hell I’d do medevac in Northern Ontario in a single.
Are you trolling? The single vs twin in remote northern ontario or manitoba etc. has been debated to great length on this forum before. The PC12 has in immaculate safety record in Ontario and I think that should speak for itself. By the way what company is jv?
Maybe immaculate but certainly not infallible. It’s a matter of personal opinion really. My opinion is when I’m departing YTL at night for example, I want more then one engine to rely on. While I haven’t suffered one personally, I’ve seen both PT6’s and Garretts fail, all made it back to base due to being multi engined. In fact, it was a close personal friend of mine who suffered an engine failure flying a single engine PT6 last year in the forces and had to eject. Lukily he had that option.

JV is Bearskin.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

There are PC12s that have had engine failures and glide to an uneventful landing. Then there are Navajos that have engine failures and can't maintain on the remaining engine. Don't go crying "overweight, yadda yadda". When it's +30*c outside and 100lbs under gross, your 1970s era PA-31-350 will be slowly descending while overheating the remaining engine. Cool day, light load, it will do 300'/min upwards, but how often does that happen? Also, that PT6 is a lot less likely to fail than one of two Lycomings.

Where would you rather be? At FL240 with no engine and 3 airports in gliding distance or at 3000' and slowly descending with one failed engine and nothing within the "drift down" range.

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172_Captain »

Why are we discussing PC12 vs a Navajo? None of the companies I suggested the OP check out fly piston aircraft, and neither do I. It’s single turbine vs twin turbine. When I’m 150 miles away from the nearest airport in January I can tell you which aircraft I’d rather be in.

medevacssavelives
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by medevacssavelives »

I've seen them hire 200 hour guys and dispatch for 3-4 months and get them doing charters. Out of YQT they have a scheduled cargo run to Winnipeg every night that doesn't have an hour requirement. Once you hit 500 hours you start doing medevacs and at 1000 you can do hydro. If you stick around that long it is... Great place to get your time up quick

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FishermanIvan »

I’ve heard of a few that got hired under 500 hours with no IFR; gave them 30 days or whatever to get their IFR done.

Pretty sweet deal; they sound like a good company to work for from the people I’ve talked to

Return to “Employment Forum”