Ferry Pilot Inquiry

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

HiFlyChick
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Ferry Pilot Inquiry

Post by HiFlyChick »

Maybe make delivery (else a price reduction) part of the purchase deal...? Even if the previous owner isn't in a position to fly it, the possibility of losing the deal or losing some money may be incentive for them to help you find someone.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

While you're at it, maybe ask the vendor to buy your family a holiday to the Bahamas as part of the purchase deal too. The possibility of losing the deal may be an incentive for them to fund your next vacation.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

photofly wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:15 am While you're at it, maybe ask the vendor to buy your family a holiday to the Bahamas as part of the purchase deal too. The possibility of losing the deal may be an incentive for them to fund your next vacation.
Shut up. You should only speak under close supervision.

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

HiFlyChick wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:27 am Maybe make delivery (else a price reduction) part of the purchase deal...? Even if the previous owner isn't in a position to fly it, the possibility of losing the deal or losing some money may be incentive for them to help you find someone.
He must have a purchase agreement already in place since pre-buy was done.
If a buyer was renegotiating the agreed terms for reasons other than airworthiness...I’d tell him/her to pound sand!

HiFlyChick
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HiFlyChick »

Loner wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:36 am
HiFlyChick wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:27 am Maybe make delivery (else a price reduction) part of the purchase deal...? Even if the previous owner isn't in a position to fly it, the possibility of losing the deal or losing some money may be incentive for them to help you find someone.
He must have a purchase agreement already in place since pre-buy was done.
If a buyer was renegotiating the agreed terms for reasons other than airworthiness...I’d tell him/her to pound sand!
Thanks - I couldn't tell at what point he was at in the deal - some people do the legwork and planning (dates, etc) before anything is actually signed so I wasn't sure... I guess trying to figure out who's getting it home would be something I'd want in place before signing the deal.

And Photofly, anybody can be "clever" by shooting someone else's thoughts down, if you really want to prove how smart you are, try providing helpful corrections/suggestions
(one of the reasons why I no longer bother posting on "that other" aviation forum)

matthew.oommen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by matthew.oommen »

Highly recommend ThatArmyGuy.

AJ

CrackerJ99
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CrackerJ99 »

I am very happy to say my "New To Me" plane arrived later last week.

I couldn't have found a better pilot to bring it across Canada.

So cheers for Av Canada in helping me find a ferry pilot.

Return to “General Comments”